When a matching record is found in OCLC (sometimes you will have to make a choice among several similar records that match), you may edit it as necessary in OCLC and then export it, or you may export it to Voyager first and do your editing there.
- To export a record from OCLC to Voyager, click on the Export icon in the toolbar at the top of the screen, or press F5.
- In the Voyager cataloging module, under Record choose Import and then click on From new file...
- When the Select import file screen opens, double click on the export.dat icon.
- In the next screen, click OK, which will open the record in Voyager.
- Save the record to the database before you begin editing it, because this will allow other catalogers to see it there and thus help avoid the creation of duplicate records.
- Follow the steps under Cataloging/Editing.