437 Main Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
- 1994-2006: Head of Undergraduate Library, University of Illinois.
- 1992-1994: Acting Head of Undergraduate Library, University of Illinois.
- 1989-1992: Assistant to the Director of Departmental Library Services, University of
- 1988: Appointed Acting Head of IRRC, University of Illinois.
- 1985-1989: Undergraduate Librarian and Coordinator of Reference and Instructional Services,
University of Illinois.
- 1980-1985: Administrative Librarian, Voorhees College.
- 1978-1980: Head of General Reference/Information Department, Memphis/Shelby Public Library and
- 1976-1978: Reference Librarian, Hampton Public Library.
- 1974-1976: Reference/Documents Librarian, Trident Technical College.
- 1986 - Certificate of Advanced Studies in Librarianship: University of Illinois, Urbana,
- 1974 - A.M.L.S. Library Science: University of Michigan.
- 1973 - B.A., Social Studies: Voorhees College.
Awards and Distinctions
- Certificate of completion for workshop on the overview of the art and science of Donor
Development, Advancement Resources, (2006).
- Recognition Certificate for service, LAMA 3rd National Institute Planning Committee, (2004).
- Recognition for service, Athletic Association Board, (2002).
- Certificate of Achievement Award, Library Administration and Management Association of the
American Library Association, (2001).
- Wright, Joyce. "
Perspectives of a First-Time Panelist."
PRISM, September (2002).
- Wright, Joyce. "How an Old-Fashioned Question Board Went Electronic."
College and Research Libraries News, November (1998): 772-774.
- Wright, Joyce. "The Electric Undergrad: An Interactive Library."
Spec Kit 199: Video Collection and Multimedia in ARL Libraries, December (1993):
- Wright, Joyce and Dennis Norlin. "The Electric Undergrad: An Interactive Library Program."
College & Research Libraries News, July-August (1993): 298-299.
- Wright, Joyce. "Shamanism in the Caribbean: A Guide to Sources for Bibliographic Instruction."
Anthropologica, 78 (Spring 1993).
- Wright, Joyce, 2002. "Partnership with Community Resources -- Campus Police: Revisiting
Policies to Reflect the 21st Century." in
Helping the Difficult Library Patron: New Approaches to Examining and Resolving a Long-Standing
and Ongoing Problem, 285-290
- Wright, Joyce, 2000. "Black Librarians as Creative Writers."
The Handbook of Black Librarianship, 647-665.
- Wright, Joyce, 1995. "Multimedia Issues and Practices in Academic Libraries: The Illinois
Proceedings of the Second National Conference of African American Librarians, 179-181.
- Wright, Joyce, 1995. "Chinese Immigration to Mexico." in
Proceedings of the Twenty-eighth Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials
- Wright, Joyce, 1993. "Recruiting Minorities for Librarianship: Issues and Strategies
Proceedings from the National Conference of African American Librarians,
- Wright, Joyce, "Perspectives from a First-Time Panelist."
ALA Committee on Accreditation Workshop, Atlanta, GA: June 2002.
- Wright, Joyce, "What are Policies and Why Are They Needed?"
Mortenson Center for International Library Programs and The Council on Library Resources
International Leadership Institute, Urbana, IL: October 24, 2001.
- Wright, Joyce, "The Wealth of Women Writers in the English-Speaking Caribbean."
XLIII SALALM Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico: May 23-28, 1998.
- Wright, Joyce, "Creating an Undergraduate Library Home Page."
Illinois Library Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL: May 1996.
- Wright, Joyce, "Multimedia Services in Academic Libraries."
Second National Conference for African American Librarians, Milwaukee, WI: August 5-7,
- American Library Association.
- Reference User Service Committee (RUSA).
- American Library Association, International Relations Committee.
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association.
- Illinois Library Association.
- Illinois Library Association College and Research Libraries.
- IACRL/IBHE Executive Board.
- ALA Committee on Accreditation.
- Library Administration and Management Association (LAMA).
- Staff Organizations Roundtable (SORT).
- LAMA Fundraising and Financial Development Committee.