Betsy Kruger, Associate Professor of Library Administration
Head, Digital Content Creation; Head, Oak Street Library Facility
Room 415A Main Library
University of Illinois
1408 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801
- Coordinator of Digital Content Creation and Head, Central Circulation, Bookstacks, and Oak
- Coordinator, Central Public Services Division and Head, Central Circulation, Bookstacks, and
- Acting Head, Central Circulation and Bookstacks
- Assistant Acquisitions Librarian and Binding Librarian
- Assistant Acquisitions Librarian
- Writer and Editor, Department of Health Education
- 1982 - 1985 - MA Library Science: University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 1973 - 1979 - BS Radio, TV, Film: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- 1977 - 1978 - Photography Department: Columbia College, Chicago, IL
Gender and information technology; status of women in librarianship; access to information;
- "Featured Collection: Library of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign."
D-Lib Magazine, Volume 14, Issue 1/2 (January/February 2008).
- "Beyond the Blueprints: Enhancing Access to Materials in Remote Storage."
Journal of Access Services, Volume 1, Issue 3 (2003).
- "The Women, Information, Technology, and Scholarship (WITS) Colloquium at UIUC: Feminist Model
for Education and Activism on Campus."
Feminist Collections, 17:2 (1996), pp. 38-39. Co-authored with Jo Kibbee.
- General Editor (with Catherine Larson, University of Arizona Library), 2006.
On Account of Sex: An Annotated Bibliography on the Status of Women in Librarianship,
1998-2002, Scarecrow Press.
- General Editor (with Catherine Larson, University of Arizona Library), 2000.
On Account of Sex: An Annotated BIbliography on the Status of Women in Librarianship,
1993-1997. Scarecrow Press.
- Michael Gorman editor, 1990. "Serialism and Acquisitions." in
Technical Services Today and Tomorrow, Libraries Unlimited, pp.38-49.
- Karen Schmidt editor, 1990. "Basic Acquisitions Accounting." in
The Business of Acquisitions, ALA, pp.261-285.
- Betsy Kruger (with Stephanie Atkins), 2005.
Large Project Management in Academic Libraries. Association for Research Libraries SPEC
Kit. Washington D.C.: ARL, 161 pp.
- Large Scale Digitization Working Group, Chair November 2005 - present
- Large Scale Digitization Collections Advisory Subcommittee of the Collection Development
Committee, Chair, October 2006 - present
- Content Access Policy and Technology Group (CAPT) - January 2006 - present
- Digital Collections Staff Instruction Subcommittee - 2007 - present
- Collection Development Committee, 2007 - present
- Search Committee Member, Assistant Director, Office of LGBT Concerns, 2005 - present
- Chancellor's Standing Advisory Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues,
Domestic Partner Benefits Subcommittee, 2004 - present
- CARLI Digital Collections User Group, Member, 2007-2009; Interface Subcommittee, 2007- ;
Standards Subcommittee, 2007 -
- American Library Association (ALA), Member, 1985 - present
- CIC Google Project Managers Group, 2007 -
- Internet Archive Advisory Board, Member, 2006 -
- Open Content Alliance Director Search Committee, 2007 -
- Reference and User Services Association, Member, 2000 - present
- RUSA Rethinking Resource Sharing Committee, Member, 2006 -
- Big Heads Working Group on Catalog Record Enhancement, Member, UIUC Representative, 2004 -
- LAMA Storage Discussion Group, Member, 2001 - present