Before you begin
Plan ahead: Library IT wants you to have successful meetings. If you are hosting a conference, meeting, or event that may require extra assistance, such as using a new device, hosting a webinar or video conference, please send an OTRS ticket to Library IT at least one week in advance to schedule a practice run so that we can accommodate you appropriately.
The display monitor in this room is NOT a touchscreen. Touchscreen monitors are available in rooms 225B and 308 of the Main Library.
Set up a laptop with the display monitor
Connecting the laptop
- First connect your laptop using the HDMI, VGA or VGA to Thunderbolt cable (Macs).
- For sound -- If using a VGA cable, then plug in the audio cord to the laptop's headphone jack.
The HDMI cable is an audio and video cord, so the standalone audio cord is unnecessary.
The touchscreen controller panel is used to power on the flat panel and projector.
- Flat Panel Monitor -- Select Power under the Flat Panel section of touch screen controller.
- Projector -- Select Power On under the Projector section of touchscreen controller.
- Or use both simultaneously -- Select Power under the Flat Panel section AND Power On in the Projector section.
For the source/input selection, select North VGA or North HDMI within the top row of the touchscreen controller, depending on which cable is connected to the laptop.
- the Flat Panel Monitor -- select the Switch button within the Flat Panel section of the touchscreen controller.
- the Projector -- select the Switch button within the Projector section of the touchscreen controller.
- You may display both the Projector and Flat Panel simultaneously. Select Switch for both Flat Panel and Projector within the selected input North VGA or North HDMI for the laptop. In the image shown below, the laptop is connected with the VGA cable (North VGA) and displaying both on the projector and flat panel.
Three sound controls and checks
- On the touchscreen controller
- Main volume is the left volume toggle. The main volume (best sound) comes from the projector.
- If echoing occurs, make sure the Flat Panel Vol- is at zero.
- On the desktop when you log on – bottom right corner of the screen for PCs.
- If you opened a video or webinar, check the volume in the application. (see YouTube example below).
When you are finished
- Power off the monitor and projector.
- Power off the flat panel monitor -- select the Power button under the flat panel section of the touchscreen controller.
- Power off the projector -- select the Power off button under the projector section of the touchscreen controller.
Learn more about the technology in 323C in our 323C user guide