Before you begin
Plan ahead: Library IT wants you to have successful meetings. If you are hosting a conference, meeting, or event that may require extra assistance, such as using a new device, hosting a webinar or video conference, please send an OTRS ticket to Library IT at least one week in advance to schedule a practice run so that we can accommodate you appropriately.
The display monitor in this room is NOT a touchscreen. Touchscreen monitors are only available in rooms 225B and 308 of the Main Library.
Setting up a laptop
The touchscreen controller panel is used to power on/off the flat panel and projector and control the volume, this is the room's remote. Please do not press any buttons that are directly on the flat panel or projector.
Connecting the laptop
The touchscreen controller panel is used to power on/off the flat panel and projector and control volume.
- Flat Panel Monitor -- Select Power On/Off under the Flat Panel section of touchscreen controller.
- Projector -- Select Power On under the Projector section of touchscreen controller.
- To use both simultaneously -- Select Power On/Off under the Flat Panel section AND Power On in the Projector section.
- Make sure the laptop is on and showing its desktop.
Select North VGA or North HDMI, depending on which cable is connected to the laptop, under the flat panel and/or projector section of the touchscreen controller in order to display the laptop's desktop.
- Flat Panel Monitor with the North VGA cable -- select the North VGA button within the Flat Panel section of the touchscreen controller.
- Projector with the North HDMI cable -- select the North HDMI button within the Projector section of the touchscreen controller.
- You may display both the Projector and Flat Panel simultaneously. Select the input, either North VGA or North HDMI for the cable that is connected to the laptop under both the Flat Panel and Projector section of the touchscreen controller. The image below shows, the laptop is connected by a VGA cable (North VGA) and is displaying both on the projector and flat panel.
Three sound controls and checks
- Device’s (flat panel and projector) volume, use the touchscreen controller:
- Move the volume toggle to control the volume; up increases volume, down decreases volume.
- To mute sound select the mute audio button under the volume toggle button.
- Volume for both the flat panel and projector comes out of the projector.
- The projector can be off, if you are using the flat panel with volume.
- If echoing occurs, then the flat panel needs to be at zero (preset on Library IT’s end).
- On the desktop when you log on – bottom right corner of the screen for PCs.
- Application volume, if you opened a video or webinar, check the volume in the application. (see YouTube example below).
When you are finished
- Power off the flat panel and projector:
- Flat panel monitor -- select the Power On/Off button under the flat panel section of the touchscreen controller.
- Projector -- select the Power Off button under the projector section of the touchscreen controller.
- Turn off room lights and make sure the conference room door locks behind you.
- Spills food/beverage:
- Floor or furniture contact the Office of Library Facilities immediately at 217-333-0317
- Computer equipment contact Library IT immediately at 217-244-4688
Learn more about the technology in 323C Main in our 323C user guide.
The Help Desk is available at (217) 244-4688 if you encounter any problems.