Before you begin
Training is required before you can log on to the desktop of the dedicated PC. Training announcements phrased as "Library IT’s phase 1 – basic conference room training" are made on LibNews regularly; you can also check the library staff calendar to sign up for training.
Plan ahead: Library IT wants you to have successful meetings. If you are hosting a conference, meeting, or event that may require extra assistance, such as using a new device, or hosting a webinar or video conference, please send an OTRS ticket to Library IT at least one week in advance to schedule a practice run so that we can accommodate you appropriately.
The flat panel display monitor in this room is NOT a touchscreen. Touchscreen monitors are only available in rooms 225B and 308 of the Main Library.
Setting up the dedicated PC
The touchscreen controller panel is used to power on/off the flat panel and projector and control the volume, this is the room's remote. Please do not press any buttons that are directly on the flat panel or projector.
1. Power on either device (Flat Panel Monitor or Projector) using the touchscreen controller.
- Flat Panel Monitor -- Select Power On/Off under the Flat Panel section of touchscreen controller.
- Projector -- Select Power On under the Projector section of touchscreen controller.
- To use both devices simultaneously -- Select Power On/Off under the Flat Panel section AND Power On in the Projector section.
2. Turn on the wireless keyboard and mouse. Once on, move the mouse or hit enter on the keyboard to wake up the PC.
- The keyboard off/on switch is in the top-right corner above the number pad.
- Flip over the mouse to locate the off/on switch.
3. Source/input, select PC under the flat panel and/or projector section of the touchscreen controller in order to display the dedicated PC's desktop.
- Flat Panel Monitor -- select the PC button within the Flat Panel section of the touchscreen controller.
- Projector -- select the PC button within the Projector section of the touchscreen controller.
- To display both the Projector and Flat Panel simultaneously, select PC within both the Flat Panel and Projector sections. The image below shows, the dedicated room PC is connected and is displaying both on the projector and flat panel.
4. The desktop will prompt you to enter Ctrl+ALT+Delete before logging on. Press Ctrl+ALT+Delete and then sign in with your netid and AD (active directory) password.
Using the PC
Three sound controls and checks
- Device’s (flat panel and projector) volume, use the touchscreen controller:
- Move the volume toggle to control the volume; up increases volume, down decreases volume.
- To mute sound select the audio mute button under the volume toggle button.
- Volume for both the flat panel and projector comes out of the projector.
- The projector can be off, if you are using the flat panel with volume.
- If echoing occurs, then the flat panel needs to be at zero (preset on Library IT’s end).
- On the desktop when you log on – bottom right corner of the PCs screen.
- Application volume, if you opened a video or webinar, check the volume within the application. (see YouTube example below).
Once you log into the PC, your G and H drives will map automatically.
There is no remote, instead the touchscreen controller controls the devices (flat panel and projector) and sound within Room 323c. Please do not press any buttons that are directly on the flat panel or projector, doing so can mess up the settings within the touchscreen controller.
The USB ports are located on the table.
When you are finished using the PC:
- Save any files to the G or H drive, Box, Webmail, or a USB drive. User profiles are deleted regularly to keep the PC running optimally; any files saved to the PC desktop, documents folder, or C drive will not be available for you later.
- Log out of the dedicated PC.
- Please turn off the wireless keyboard and mouse when you're finished using the PC. This will ensure the batteries will be usable for the next person.
- Power off the flat panel and projector:
- Flat panel monitor -- select the Power On/Off button under the flat panel section of the touchscreen controller.
- Projector -- select the Power Off button under the projector section of the touchscreen controller.
- Turn off room lights and make sure the conference room door locks behind you.
- Spills food/beverage:
- Floor or furniture contact the Office of Library Facilities immediately at 217-333-0317
- Computer equipment contact Library IT immediately at 217-244-4688
The Help Desk is available at (217) 244-4688 if you encounter any problems.