Before you begin
Training is required before you can log on to the desktop of the dedicated Claridge Touchscreen PC. To schedule your conference room training, please send an OTRS ticket to the Library IT Help Desk.
Plan ahead: Library IT wants you to have successful meetings. If you are hosting a conference, meeting, or event that may require extra assistance, such as using a new device, or hosting a webinar or video conference, please send an OTRS ticket to Library IT at least one week in advance to schedule a practice run so that we can accommodate you appropriately.
Touch screen basics
Please keep the following important points in mind while using the Claridge Touchscreen:
- Only use the Claridge Touchscreen stylus or your finger when writing on the touch screen surface.
- DO NOT use your personal stylus. Each stylus is different and can scratch the screen surface. Only use the Claridge Touchscreen's stylus or your finger to write on the screen surface.
- The touch screen is not a marker board. No markers, white board markers, pens, or pencils are to be used on the screen.
- Screen cleaning
- DO NOT use any chemicals or fluids on the touch screen monitor, including monitor wipes or sprays. These will damage the monitor.
- Only a microfiber screen cleaner cloth is allowed. The small black cloth is in the room.
- Clean the screen before you log on. If you clean it while logged in, you will open up applications.
Logging into the Claridge Touchscreen PC
1. Press the "Power" button once on the lower-right corner of the Claridge Touchscreen display. It may take up to 30 seconds to start.
2. Turn on the wireless keyboard and mouse.
- The keyboard off/on switch is in the top-right corner above the number pad.
- Flip over the mouse to locate the off/on switch.
3. Press the “Source” button, and then use the arrow keys to select HDMI 1. Once HDMI 1 is highlighted, select “Source” again to confirm the selected setting.
4. The desktop will prompt you to enter Ctrl+ALT+Delete before logging on. Press Ctrl+ALT+Delete, and then you can sign in with your netid and AD (active directory) password.
Want to connect your laptop instead? See these instructions for connecting a laptop to the Claridge Touchscreen.
Using the Claridge Touchscreen
Sound controls and checks when using the Claridge Touchscreen PC
- On the display – bottom two buttons on the lower right corner, denoted Vol up and Vol down.
- On the desktop when you log on – bottom right corner of the screen
- If you opened a video – bottom left of video screen (see YouTube example below).
Once you log into the Claridge Touchscreen PC, your G and H drives will map automatically.
If using the remote, make sure to point the remote to the remote sensor on the bottom right corner of the Claridge Touchscreen.
USB ports are located on front of the dedicated PC of the Claridge Touchscreen.
When you are finished using the Claridge Touchscreen and PC:
- Save any files to the G or H drive, Box, Webmail, or a USB drive. User profiles are deleted regularly to keep the PC running optimally; any files saved to the Claridge Touchscreen desktop, documents folder, or C drive will not be available for you later.
- Please turn off the wireless keyboard and mouse when you're finished using the Claridge Touchscreen and PC. This will ensure the batteries will be usable for the next person.
- Be sure to log out of the computer, and also power off the Claridge Touchscreen monitor.
The Help Desk is available at (217) 244-4688 if you encounter any problems.