Sabbatical Leave Requests for 2016-2017
Information and forms for members of the Library faculty who wish to apply for sabbatical
leave for 2016-2017 are now available on the Web, as follows:
Sabbatical Leaves of Absence Policies and
- Librarians should discuss their sabbatical leave plans with their Division Coordinator
as soon as possible.
- The Division Advisory Committee reviews applications and the Statement of Plans by
Friday, October 9, 2015.
- The Division Coordinator prepares an evaluative statement based on the comments and
recommendations of the Division Advisory Committee. If more than one librarian in the
division requests a sabbatical, the Division Advisory Committee should rank them.
October 12 and October 22, the Division Coordinator meets with the Associate
University Librarian for Research to discuss the application. The Coordinator should be prepared to
discuss plans for addressing staffing during the absence of the faculty member, including
alternatives suggested by the Division Advisory Committee.
- The Division Coordinator prepares text for insertion into the application.
- Final applications are due to the Associate University Librarian for Research on
Friday, October 23.
- The Associate University Librarian for Research reviews the applications with the University
- The University Librarian's Office transmits completed Sabbatical Leave Applications to the
Office of Academic Human Resources by
December 1, 2015.
- Applicants are notified of the status of their applications by the Secretary of the Board of
Trustees following the Board's meeting in
Sabbatical Leave Reports
Upon the faculty member's return from sabbatical leave, he or she is required to submit a report
to the Associate University Librarian for Research. The report is due
within 60 days of completing the leave. Instructions and forms for the
report are included in
Communication No.19, Office
of the Provost.
Please direct questions to
, AUL for Research.
to Library Faculty & Academic Professionals Policies
Back to Policies
Back to Office of Services