Sabbatical Leave Requests for 2014-2015
Information and forms for members of the Library faculty who wish to apply for sabbatical
leave for 2014-2015 are now available on the Web, as follows:
Sabbatical Leaves of Absence Policies and
- Librarians should discuss their sabbatical leave plans with their Division Coordinator
as soon as possible.
- The Division Advisory Committee reviews applications and the Statement of Plans by
Friday, October 11, 2013.
- The Division Coordinator prepares an evaluative statement based on the comments and
recommendations of the Division Advisory Committee. If more than one librarian in the
division requests a sabbatical, the Division Advisory Committee should rank them.
October 14 and October 24, the Division Coordinator meets with the Associate
University Librarian for User Services to discuss the application. The Coordinator should be
prepared to discuss plans for addressing staffing during the absence of the faculty member,
including alternatives suggested by the Division Advisory Committee.
- The Division Coordinator prepares text for insertion into the application.
- Final applications are due to the Associate University Librarian for User Services on
Friday, October 25.
- The Associate University Librarian for User Services reviews the applications with the
- Completed Sabbatical Leave Applications are due in the Office of Academic Human Resources
December 2, 2013.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their applications by the Secretary of the Board
of Trustees following the Board's meeting in
Sabbatical Leave Reports
Upon the faculty member's return from sabbatical leave, he or she is required to submit through
the University Librarian to the Provost, a report in triplicate on his or her study and travel
during the sabbatical period. The report is due
within 60 days of completing the leave. In addition to describing
activities undertaken during the leave, the report should address how the sabbatical leave enhanced
the individual’s value to the department/unit and to the University. Instructions and forms
for the report are included in
Communication No.19, Office
of the Provost.
Faculty members filing Sabbatical Leave Reports should submit three (3) copies of the report to
the Office of the University Librarian.
Please direct questions to
Sue Searing or 3-0318.
to Library Faculty & Academic Professionals Policies
Back to Policies
Back to Office of Services