- Develop clear definitions of outreach and engagement to be adopted by the Library in order to better assess individual and collective efforts in these areas
- Promote intentional implementation of activities that balance outreach and engagement goals and in particular increase engagement outputs in order to fulfill a land grant mission
- Provide leadership about best practices in outreach and engagement and communicate these to the Library
- Manage a library-funded grant program to allocate funds for outreach and engagement activities
- Provide support and information resources for outreach and engagement activities such as training opportunities, and a central hub for information about relevant policies and best practices in outreach and engagement
- Facilitate regular assessment of outreach and engagement activities in the Library
The Outreach and Engagement Committee is composed of individuals (including faculty, academic professionals (APs), and civil service staff) from each Library Division. Members of the OEC should be individuals who are actively involved in outreach and engagement activities. Additional members may be appointed to represent special concerns. Members are appointed by EC and serve two-year staggered terms with possible reappointment for an additional term. The chair will be elected by the committee from its membership, and serves a one-year term with the possibility of reelection for one additional one-year term.
- Sarah Christensen, Co-Chair(Oct 2020 - Aug 2022)
- Heather Murphy, Co-Chair(ex officio - Chief Communications Officer)
- Janis Shearer(Oct 2020 - Aug 2022)
- Shelby Strommer(Oct 2020 - Aug 2022)
- Bernadette Braun(Aug 2021 - Aug 2022)
- Bethany Anderson(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Cindy Ingold(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Courtney Becks(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Clara Chu(Jan 2022 - Aug 2022)
Additional Committee Information
OEC Outreach and Engagement Grant
Through the Library’s Outreach and Engagement funding opportunity, the Library embodies the University’s land grant values and strengthens its commitment to Strategic Direction No. 3: Societal and global impact. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and provide funding for up to $500 per event, up to a maximum of $500 per person per fiscal year to be used for outreach and engagement activities. Matching funds from the applicant’s unit or other sources are strongly encouraged. The Outreach and Engagement Committee (OEC) will review proposals based on the OEC Grant Funding Rubric until all allocated funds have been awarded and advance recommendations to the University Librarian. All fulltime Library employees are eligible to apply.
Purpose of OEC Funding
- To allow for more outreach and engagement activities per year, and to provide for the possibility of larger or more costly events.
- To foster the development of collaborative, change-oriented projects that advance community research, learning experiences, and societal well-being.
- To advance the Library as a place of convergence and inclusivity for programs that illuminate and address real world issues.
- Complete eligibility requirements and application details: OEC Grant Program Request for Proposals (pdf)
- Application review criteria: OEC Grant Funding Rubric (pdf)
- Review process and timeline: OEC Grant Review Timeline (pdf)
- Apply now: OEC Grant Funding Application Form (employee login required)
OEC MediaSpace channel featuring recordings of past Skill Up Sessions.
- Laila Hussein Moustafa(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Chris Wiley(Oct 2020 - Aug 2022)
- Mara Thacker(Oct 2020 - Aug 2021)
- Kristen Allen Wilson(Oct 2020 - Aug 2021)
- Karen Huck(Oct 2020 - Aug 2021)
- Lisa Romero(Oct 2020 - Aug 2021)
Agendas and Minutes
- Show All
|Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes||Related Documents|
|September 16, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes not yet available|
|August 19, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|July 15, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|June 17, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|May 20, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|April 15, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|March 18, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|February 18, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|January 21, 2021||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|December 17, 2020||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|November 9, 2020||Agenda available||Minutes available|
|October 26, 2020||Agenda available||Minutes not yet available|