Sometimes, technology does not work the way you want it to. For help with library items, see the UGL staff. If you run into problems on your own computer, try the CITES Help Desk.
Known problem with some USB drives.
- Most USB drives will work fine on library computers. If you do have a USB drive that uses "U3" software, you will get an error when you insert it in a library computer. This page details some work-arounds for this problem.
Troubleshooting wireless connections on the PC laptops.
- There is a dedicated wireless button below and to the right of the Power button, just above the F1-F12 keys on the keyboard. It should have a blue light next to it if it is on.
- If there is no blue light, press the button, then click on the "Wireless VLan" icon in the System Try (lower right on screen). This should Indicate that the Wireless VLan is on.
- Click on the Wireless network icon in the system tray (next to the Wireless VLan) and click the link to search for networks.
- It should find "UIUCNet Wireless Network." Click Connect.
- Start a browser to see if you are now online.