Requesting Items Available in VuFind
Why Place a Request?
The VuFind local catalog allows you to place a Request for items currently available in the library. You can request to pick up the item from any library on campus, and you can even have it sent to your campus mail address. If an item is not available at the University of Illinois Library, you can search the I-Share VuFind catalog and request an available copy.
Place a Request
- Conduct your search in the VuFind Library Catalog. (To see tips for conducting Basic and Advanced searches in VuFind see our Tips for Using the Online Catalog: http://www.library.illinois.edu/learn/tutorials/tips_catalog.html.)
- When you have found the item you want to request, check if it is available:
- Click Available.
- Login to your account (For help creating a VuFind account visit: http://www.library.illinois.edu/learn/tutorials/vufind_create.html).
- Once you are logged in, designate where you would like to pick up the item and click Request.
- You will be sent an email when your request is available for pickup.