Helping you with your research needs…
RPC Grant Program
- RPC Application Process
- Policies for Award Approval
- Application Form and Guidelines for Narrative
- Short Form Application
- Use this form to request funds for poster printing or high resolution scanning.
- Award Extension Form
- If you do not think you will be able to complete your project within the time allotted (generally one year), please complete as soon as possible.
- Project Outcomes Form
- Please notify us when you are finished with your project funds and let us know of your outcomes using this form.
- Recent RPC Awards
- Publications and Presentations Resulting from RPC Funding, 2007-2012
The Library Research and Publication Committee is a standing committee of the Library Faculty established to encourage research and publication among Library Faculty and Academic Professionals by:
- providing monetary support
- bringing alternate sources of funding to the attention of the Library Faculty and Academic Professionals
- stimulating interest in and discussion of research ideas and methodologies among librarians
- providing practical criticism of and support for research projects
- advancing Library research and publications within the University community.
The Committee reviews and approves or disapproves funding requests for student wages, graduate assistants, travel to other research collections, photocopying, manuscript preparation, data analysis, the creation of illustrations, editing for non-native English speakers, etc. The Committee sponsors occasional brown-bag series that focus on library research.
The Committee of five faculty members and one academic professional is appointed by the University Librarian, with the advice of the Executive Committee. The chair is appointed by the University Librarian. Committee members serve two-year staggered terms, and may be appointed to one successive term.
- Christopher Bailey(ex officio - Visiting Information Sciences Librarian)
- Erin Kerby, Chair(Aug 2020 - Aug 2024) Second Consecutive Term
- Steve Witt(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Emilee Mathews(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Qiang Jin(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Lisa Hinchliffee(ex officio - Coordinator for Research and Teaching Professional Development)
- Angela Waarala(Aug 2022 - Aug 2024)
- AP investigation time survey (pdf)
- RPC Grants Awarded During the Academic Year 2017-2018
- RPC Grants Awarded During the Academic Year 2016-2017
- RPC Grants Awarded During the Academic Year 2015-2016
- RPC Grants Awarded During the Academic Year 2014-2015
- RPC Grants Awarded During the Academic Year 2013-2014
- RPC Grants Awarded During the Academic Year 2012-2013
- RPC Annual Report FY2019-2020
- RPC Annual Report FY2020-2021
- Tracy Popp(Aug 2020 - Aug 2022)
- Antonio Sotomayor(Aug 2019 - Aug 2021)
- Margaret (Peg) Burnette(Aug 2019 - Aug 2021)
- Heidi Imker(ex officio - AUL for Research, Nov 2018 - Aug 2020)
- Seth Robbins(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020)
- Jennifer Teper(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020)
- Merinda Kaye Hensley, Chair(Aug 2017 - Aug 2021) Served Two Consecutive Terms
The RPC meets monthly throughout the academic year and all meetings are open except when we are reviewing applications. Please contact the chair if you would like to attend a meeting.