What We Do
Central Public Services facilitates access to information resources for students, faculty members, and staff in all academic programs and disciplines at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, as well as constituents of affiliated institutions, Illinois residents, and the global community in all its diversity. It offers innovative, high-quality reference, instruction, and interlibrary loan services; develops and manages interdisciplinary collections and web resources; and trains and supports contributors to the Library web site.
- Susan Avery (Undergraduate Library Instructional Services Librarian), Chair
- Sara Holder
- Becky Smith
- Mary Mallory
- Carissa Phillips
- Piper Martin
- Sarah Christensen
- Karen Hogenboom
- Merinda Hensley
- Sara Benson
- Janet Swatscheno
- Jim Hahn
- David Ward
- Kirsten Feist
- Eric Kurt
- DoMonique Arnold
- Lisa Hinchliffe
- Jen-Chien Yu
- Dan Tracy
- John Laskowski
- Megan Ozeran
- Lonnie Clark, Non-Voting Member
- Ben Riegler, Non-Voting Member
Central Public Services Bylaws: PDF
- To simplify access to the Library’s services and collections
- To increase user competence.
- To increase use of the Library, both onsite and remote.
- To increase collaboration within and across divisions for improvements in access, service, efficiency, and productivity.
- To provide stewardship for the Library’s collections in all formats.
- To maintain core central services to offset the decline in decentralized services … across the board cuts are no longer viable; central service points must be adequately staffed if they are to meet user demands that were previously met elsewhere.
Agendas and Minutes
|Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes||Related Documents|
|October 6, 2017||Agenda not yet available||Minutes not yet available|