The Faculty Review Committee provides the first level of review for promotion and tenure or for promotion to a higher rank. The Committee is also responsible for monitoring visiting committee reports, and peer evaluation of Library Faculty for merit. In addition, it is responsible for insuring that appropriate channels of communication exist among the Committee, the University Librarian, and the Library Faculty regarding the work of the Committee and its decisions.
The Faculty Review Committee shall be composed of one tenured faculty member, of the rank of associate professor or professor, elected from each division. The members are elected for three year staggered terms and may be re-elected to one successive term. The chair is elected by and from the members of the FRC for a one-year term, and may be re-elected to one successive term.
No member of the Faculty Review Committee can simultaneously serve on the Promotion and Tenure Advisory Committee.
- Cherie’ Weible(Dec 2022 - Dec 2024) Central Public Services
- Nancy O'Brien(Dec 2022 - Dec 2025) Social Sciences Division
- Erin Kerby(Dec 2020 - Nov 2023) Life Sciences Division
- Wendy Shelburne(Dec 2021 - Nov 2024) Second Consecutive Term Technical Services Division
- Paula Carns(Dec 2022 - Nov 2025) Arts and Humanities Division
- Caroline Szylowicz, Co-Chair(Dec 2022 - Nov 2025) Second Consecutive Term Special Collections Division
- Chris Wiley, Co-Chair(Dec 2022 - Nov 2025) Second Consecutive Term Physical Sciences and Engineering Division
- Steve Witt(Dec 2021 - Nov 2024) International and Area Studies
Additional Committee Information
- Provost Communication 21: Annual Review of Faculty
- Dossier Guidelines for Library Faculty (Updated 06/2015) This is included here to facilitate access for those submitting a dossier as part of their annual report. This includes general tips and incorporates the Substitute Section III used for librarians that replaces Resident Instruction. NOTE: Always refer to the latest update of the Provost’s Communication no. 9 for the current format of the dossier.
- Provost Communication 13: Review of Faculty in Year Three of Probationary Period
- Proposed Communication #9 Revisions – Campus
- Strategic Framework, 2019-2023 You may refer to specific strategic directions and priorities in your annual report, though this is not required.
- Mary Schlembach(Dec 2019 - Nov 2022) Served Two Consecutive Terms Physical Sciences and Engineering Division
- Cindy Ingold, Co-Chair(Dec 2019 - Nov 2022) Social Sciences Division
- Shuyong Jiang(Dec 2018 - Nov 2021) Served Two Consecutive Terms International and Area Studies
- Sarah Williams(Dec 2017 - Nov 2020) Life Sciences Division
- Merinda Kaye Hensley, Co-Chair(Dec 2017 - Nov 2022) Served Two Consecutive Terms Central Public Services