The work group is responsible for sustainable policies, procedures, technical systems, and staffing to digitize, format, and describe digital library content for use by the UIUC community and partners.
This includes streamlining digitization workflows and developing and conforming to consortial and community standards and best practices.
- This group manages in-house and outsourced digitization efforts and coordinates external digitization partnerships involving UIUC Library collections, such as with Google, OCA, and HathiTrust.
- The group should coordinate with appropriate subject experts on issues related to intellectual property rights and metadata.
- The selection of content to be digitized must also be coordinated with appropriate subject specialists. [Note: Kyle, at EC’s recommendation, has proposed a special committee be formed to oversee content selection for digitization. Not sure of the status.]
Initially chaired by the Preservation Librarian or the Digital Collections Librarian. Initial rotation after two years. The chair of this work group may be reappointed beyond two years due to their position as a unit head of the Digital Preservation or Digital Collections unit. [8 members]
- Kyle Rimkus, Vice-Chair(Aug 2017 - Aug 2022) Preservation Librarian [Also: Repositories, Preservation, and Access]
- Jennifer Teper(Aug 2017 - Aug 2022) Head of Preservation and Conservation
- Josh Harris(Aug 2017 - Aug 2022) Media Preservation Coordinator
- Tracy Popp(Aug 2017 - Aug 2022) Digital Preservation Coordinator
- Angela Waarala, Chair(Aug 2017 - Aug 2022) Digital Collections Project Manager
- Henry Borchers(Jan 2018 - Aug 2022) Digital Library Technical Coordinator
- William Schlaack(Jan 2018 - Aug 2022) Digital Reformatting Coordinator
- Grace Moran(Sep 2020 - Aug 2022) Graduate Assistant
CAPT Digital Production Reports to:
- Jason Strutz(Sep 2020 - Aug 2022) Mangager, Infrastucture and Support
- Karl Germeck(Jan 2018 - Aug 2020) Vstg Digital Preservation Resident Librarian
- Patricia Lampron(Jan 2018 - Aug 2022) Metadata Services Specialist
- MJ Han(Aug 2017 - Dec 2017) Metadata Librarian [Also: Cataloging and Metadata]
- Jon Gorman(Aug 2017 - Aug 2020) Application Support Specialist [Also: Electronic Resources]