The work group is responsible for sustainable policies, procedures, technical systems, and staffing to digitize, format, and describe digital library content for use by the UIUC community and partners.
This includes streamlining digitization workflows and developing and conforming to consortial and community standards and best practices.
- This group manages in-house and outsourced digitization efforts and coordinates external digitization partnerships involving UIUC Library collections, such as with Google, OCA, and HathiTrust.
- The group should coordinate with appropriate subject experts on issues related to intellectual property rights and metadata.
- The selection of content to be digitized must also be coordinated with appropriate subject specialists. [Note: Kyle, at EC’s recommendation, has proposed a special committee be formed to oversee content selection for digitization. Not sure of the status.]
Initially chaired by the Preservation Librarian or the Digital Collections Librarian. Initial rotation after two years. The chair of this work group may be reappointed beyond two years due to their position as a unit head of the Digital Preservation or Digital Collections unit. [8 members]
- Kyle Rimkus, Chair(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Preservation Librarian [Also: Repositories, Preservation, and Access]
- Jennifer Teper, Vice-Chair(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Head of Preservation and Conservation
- Jon Gorman(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Application Support Specialist [Also: Electronic Resources]
- Josh Harris(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Media Preservation Coordinator
- Tracy Popp(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Digital Preservation Coordinator
- Angela Waarala(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Digital Collections Project Manager
- Patricia Lampron(Jan 2018 - Aug 2019) Metadata Services Specialist
- Henry Borchers(Jan 2018 - Aug 2019) Digital Library Technical Coordinator
- William Schlaack(Jan 2018 - Aug 2019) Digital Reformatting Coordinator
- Karl Germeck(Jan 2018 - Aug 2019) Vstg Digital Preservation Resident Librarian
CAPT Digital Production Reports to:
- MJ Han(Aug 2017 - Dec 2017) Metadata Librarian [Also: Cataloging and Metadata]