This group, working with the Search, Discovery, and Delivery group, will be responsible for representing the Library and working with CARLI on the Voyager replacement.
- Affinity Groups: All groups with the possible exception of the Web group
- Replaces: Cataloging Work Group
- Responsible Library Units: Content Access Management
- The work group is responsible for sustainable policies, procedures, technical systems, and staffing to maintain the Library’s Online Public Access Catalog and similar systems and finding aids used to provide access to the Library’s physical and digital collections.
- The group ensures conformance to state, national, and international standards.
- This group also documents and promulgates cataloging, classification, authority control, and holdings policies and principles to all staff charged with maintaining Library records.
Initially chaired by the head of Content Access Management (CAM). Initial rotation after two years. The chair of this work group may be reappointed beyond two years due to their position as the head of the Content Access Management unit. [11 members]
- Michael Norman, Chair(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Discovery Services Librarian and ILS Coordinator [Also: Search, Discovery, and Delivery]
- MJ Han, Vice-Chair(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Acting Head of Content Access Management
- Tim Cole(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Mathematics and Digital Content Access Librarian
- Krista Gray(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Archival Operations and Reference Specialist
- Jenny Marie Johnson(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Head of Map Library
- Mary Laskowski(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Head of Collection Management Services
- Chloe Ottenhoff(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Rare Book and Manuscript Cataloging Coordinator
- Nicole Ream-Sotomayor(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Foreign Language Cataloging Coordinator
- Lynn Wiley(Oct 2017 - Oct 2020) Head of Acquisitions [Also: Electronic Resources]
- Alisha Taylor(Mar 2018 - Oct 2020) Monograph and Media Cataloging Coordinator
CAPT Catalog and Metadata Working Group Reports to:
- Ayla Stein(Oct 2017 - Apr 2018) Metadata Librarian [Also: Repositories, Preservation, and Access]