Table of Contents
- Cumhuriyet dönemi Türkiye ansiklopedisi / Encyclopedia of Turkey in Republican Period
- Tanzimat’tan Cumhuriyet’e Türkiye ansiklopedisi / Encyclopedia of Turkey (from the period of the Tanzimat to the establishment of the Republic)
- Yurt ansiklopedisi: Türkiye, il il: dünü, bugünü, yarini / Encyclopedia “Yurt”: Turkey, city by city: yesterday, today, tomorrow
- Türkiyede dergiler, ansiklopediler (1849-1984) / Periodicals and encyclopedias published in Turkey
- Resimli Osmanli tarihi ansiklopedisi / Pictorial Encyclopedia of Ottoman History
- Publication Date: 1983-1985 (10 volumes)
- Publication: Iletisim Yayinlari (Iletisim Press)
- OCLC: 13044828
This encyclopedia comprises information about Turkey from 1923 (foundation of republic) to 1983 (publication date of the encyclopedia). It covers several subjects, such as constitution (anayasa), archeology, Ataturkism, European Union, European Council, intellectuals (aydinlar), banking and financing system, press, westernization, scientific and technical life, United Nations, bureaucracy, presidents, translations, environmental issues, family, associations, statism, external economical relations, external politics, religion-state issue, literature, education, energy, folklore, photography, graphic arts, sculpture, law, women, urbanization, culture, librarianship, metallurgy, architecture, religious denominations, music, NATO, population, security, health system, industry, cinema, political life, sports, agriculture, technology, theatre, commerce, tourism, parliamentary, transportation, foundations (vakiflar), tax, local administrations, etc.
Tanzimat’tan Cumhuriyet’e Türkiye ansiklopedisi
Encyclopedia of Turkey (from the period of the Tanzimat to the establishment of the Republic)
- Publication Date: 1985- (6 Volumes)
- Publication: Iletisim Yayinlari
- OCLC: 13171496
This encyclopedia comprises information about Turkey from 1839 to 1923 (to 1923 (foundation of republic). It includes the foundation of “Tanzimat”, which was a revolutionary period in the Ottoman Empire, ending in 187.) It covers many subjects, such as constitution (anayasa), intellectuals (aydinlar), press, westernization, science, associations, administration of state, external politics and diplomacy, language issue, literature, education, law, economics, Young Turks (Jonturkler), women, urbanization, metals, finance, constitutional monarchy, religious denominations, architecture, nationalism, music, population, army and security, sultans and grand viziers, painting, health system, industry, wars and treaties, political movements and parties, sports, Tanzimat, agriculture, historiography, theatre, transportation and communication, foundations (vakiflar), New Ottomans (“Yeni Osmanlilar”, a movement against “Tanzimat”), etc.
Yurt ansiklopedisi: Türkiye, il il: dünü, bugünü, yarini
Encyclopedia “Yurt”: Turkey, city by city: yesterday, today, tomorrow
- Publication Date: 1981- (11 Volumes); 1982-1984?
- Publication: Anadolu Yayincilik A.S.
- OCLC: 10144484
This encyclopedia (in Turkish), published by Anadolu Yayinclik, is comprised of information on the cities of Turkey and is organized alphabetically. There are 4 subsections for each city:
- General information
- Natural situation (Dogal Yapi)
- Socio-economic situation
A table of contents is at the end of each city section.
There is also a bibliography at the end of each section which is organized alphabetically by author under each subsection.
Türkiyede dergiler, ansiklopediler (1849-1984)
Periodicals and encyclopedias published in Turkey
- Publication Date: 1984 1. baski.
- OCLC: 14206859
This book, published by Gelisim Press, consists of information about Turkish journals and encyclopedias published from 1849 to 1984. It has 13 chapters written by 13 different authors on:
- -general information about journals in Republican period
- -idealistic journals
- -weekly news journals
- -caricature journals
- -art and literature journals after the foundation of republic
- -theatre journals in Republican period
- -cinema journals
- -magazine business in Turkey
- -children magazines
- -sports magazines
- first 80 years of encyclopedia business in Turkey
- new era in encyclopedia business
There are 2 indexes at the end. These are arranged alphabetically:
- Index of journals and encyclopedias
- Index of names (Kisi adlari dizini): This index gives the list of writers, publishers, critics etc., which are mentioned in the chapters.
Resimli Osmanli tarihi ansiklopedisi
Pictorial Encyclopedia of Ottoman History
- Author: Midhat Sertoglu
- Publication Date: 1958
- Publication: [Istanbul]: Istanbul matbaasi; [Inkilâp ve Aka]
- Format: Book 356 p. : ill., ports. ; 23 cm.
- Language: Turkish
- OCLC: 13098967
This encyclopedia, published by Istanbul Press, comprises information about Ottoman history, the Ottoman governmental system, significant places related to Ottoman history. It is alphabetically organized similar to a dictionary.
No table of contents.
There’s an appendix including additional entries.
No index at the end.