As the primary group for deliberation on reference services in the Library, the Reference Management Team provides guidance and advice to the Associate University Librarian for User Services by formulating and reviewing plans, goals, priorities, strategies, policies and procedures relating to reference services; promoting awareness of and participation in reference-related activities; engaging in and advising on the assessment of reference services; assessing professional development needs for reference staff and providing appropriate opportunities for skill development; collaboratively developing a consistent, high-quality user experience; developing strategies to effectively facilitate referrals and interdisciplinary work; actively contributing to the assessment and integration of discovery services into reference work; and investigating, developing, and sharing new approaches or initiatives related to the provision of reference.
The team will work closely with others in the Library working in relevant areas (e.g. the Assessment Coordinator and Staff Development and Training Librarian, and may periodically charge sub-teams to work in areas such as assessment, policy development, technology, and training.
The Reference Management Team shall meet monthly or at the call of the Associate University Librarian for User Services.
The chair will be a rotating position, elected by the committee and serve a two-year term, with the possibility of reelection for one additional two-year term. This person will automatically be placed as an ex officio member of the User Services Advisory Committee.
Minutes of the Reference Management Team shall appear on the Library’s website or through other online distribution. The Committee shall also communicate and consult in other ways deemed appropriate.
The committee is composed of individuals who have responsibilities for managing reference services in one of the Reference Hubs or who are actively involved in reference services in their jobs. Additional members may be appointed to represent special concerns. Members are appointed by EC and serve 3 year staggered terms with possible reappointment for an additional term.
- David Ward, Chair(Aug 2016 - Aug 2019) Central Public Service Division
- Cara Bertram(Oct 2018 - Aug 2020) Second Consecutive Term Special Collections Division
- Alex Cabada(Oct 2017 - Aug 2019) Second Consecutive Term Physical Sciences Hub
- Yali Feng(Oct 2017 - Aug 2019) Social Sciences Division
- Sara Holder(ex officio - Head, Reference and Information Services)
- Kate Lambaria(Aug 2018 - Aug 2019) Arts & Humanities Division
- Joe Lenkart(Oct 2017 - Aug 2019) Second Consecutive Term International & Area Studies Division
- Kelli Trei(Aug 2019 - Aug 2020) Life Sciences Division (finishing Melody Allison's term)
- Jen Yu(ex officio - Assessment)
Additional Committee Information
- Melody Allison(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020) Information Services