The University of Illinois Library is committed to preserving the cultural heritage of Illinois. Newspapers contain a wealth of historical information for researchers, archivists, librarians, and the general public. Our goal is to preserve this valuable resource through careful stewardship, including proper storage, handling, and repair of originals. By donating Illinois newspapers to the University of Illinois Library, you add to the pool of newspapers that can be microfilmed for preservation and possibly digitized in the future.
If you have questions about the donation process or are interested in making a donation, please contact the History, Philosophy, and Newspaper Library or email the Illinois Newspaper project at email@example.com.
The cost of newspaper digitization is approximately $1 per page. A $5, $15, or $25 contribution will help us fund the cost of digitizing more newspapers for free online access for everyone.
Gifts to the Illinois Newspaper Project may be made through the University Library’s Office of Advancement. When making your gift, please specify that your donation is supporting the Illinois Digital Newspaper Collections, which is part of the History, Philosophy and Newspaper Library.
- Clifford Family Endowment
- Douglas C. Roberts Family
- George Stambaugh Memorial Fund
- M. Christine Wicklein Schwartz in memory of Andrew A. Wicklein, Class of 1943
- Norma Jean Johnston Estate
- Robert O. Endres
- Stewart S. Howe Foundation Endowment
- Tahlman Krumm Jr. Library Fund
- Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Foundation
- Center for Research Libraries
- Illinois State Library
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Lancaster Farming, Inc.
- Minnesota Historical Society
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center Library
- The Ohio State University Libraries
- Pennsylvania State University
- State of Illinois
- University of Illinois Library
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Library
- Wisconsin Historical Society