History and Purpose
A gift to the John K. Bouseman Natural History Survey Library Endowment Fund supports library acquisitions in natural history. The goal of this Fund is to help the University Library continue to build on the excellence of its collections in natural history, which dates to the founding of the Illinois Natural History Society 1858. Materials purchased with the fund proceeds serve a wide range of users, including Illinois Natural History Survey scientists, University of Illinois faculty and students, and the public. This fund was established in 2003 with gifts solicited from a small group of generous library supporters led by the late John Bouseman, past chair of the INHS Library Committee. Your donation to the Bouseman fund helps the University Library maintain a strong collection in this critical subject area.
Following the closure of the Prairie Research Institute Library in 2015, new materials purchased with proceeds from this endowment are added to the Funk Library collection, along with other natural history acquisitions and acquisitions from allied life sciences disciplines. The Bouseman Fund continues to support a strong natural history collection at the University Library.
Bouseman Endowment Fund Acquisitions
- Fiscal year 2018 Bouseman Fund acquisitions
- Fiscal year 2017 Bouseman Fund acquisitions
- Fiscal year 2016 Bouseman Fund acquisitions
- Earlier Bouseman Fund acquisitions
Donating to the Bouseman Endowment Fund
- Donate online: On the form, select “I would like my donation allocated to the following specific fund(s)” box and enter “John K. Bouseman Natural History Survey Library Endowment” to the fund text box.
- Give by mail.
- NOTE: gifts to the Bouseman Endowment are tax deductible.
Other ways to give
Donations of books and other materials are welcome and tax deductible. Please see the University Library’s guidelines for donors.