Central Public Services
What We Do
Central Public Services facilitates access to information resources for students, faculty members, and staff in all academic programs and disciplines at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, as well as constituents of affiliated institutions, Illinois residents, and the global community in all its diversity. It offers innovative, high-quality reference, instruction, and interlibrary loan services; develops and manages interdisciplinary collections and web resources; and trains and supports contributors to the Library web site.
Central Public Services Bylaws: PDF
- To simplify access to the Library’s services and collections
- To increase user competence.
- To increase use of the Library, both onsite and remote.
- To increase collaboration within and across divisions for improvements in access, service, efficiency, and productivity.
- To provide stewardship for the Library’s collections in all formats.
- To maintain core central services to offset the decline in decentralized services … across the board cuts are no longer viable; central service points must be adequately staffed if they are to meet user demands that were previously met elsewhere.