To coordinate, promote, and support the Library outstanding recognition and awards program for Library employees. The committee will manage the nomination and selection process for select recognition and awards programs (as determined by the University Librarian and Dean of Libraries).
In carrying out its charge, the Awards and Recognition Committee will:
- Establish an annual calendar related to nomination and selection of individuals for recognition and awards programs managed by the committee
- Establish selection criteria for recognition and awards programs managed by the committee
- Establish nomination processes for recognition and awards programs managed by the committee
- Administer the recognition and awards programs managed by the committee
- Work with the relevant parties (usually the winning nominator(s), the Dean’s Office, and the awardee) to announce the awardee and their accomplishments to the Library community.
- Promote awareness among Library faculty and staff of recognition and awards programs at the University
- Provide support for the nomination of Library employees for recognition and awards programs at the University level
- Maintain webpages and communications associated with the Library awards and recognitions program.
- Identify new opportunities for programs aimed at recognizing and rewarding the work of Library faculty, staff, and students, and communicate those opportunities to the University Librarian and Dean of Libraries for review
There should be 7 members on the committee. Members should be drawn from all categories of permanent Library staff, including faculty, Academic Professionals, and Civil Service, and should include at least one member ex officio, from the Business and Human Resource Service Center (specifically Library HR and/or Organization Development & Training), who typically serves as chair.
Typically, there is a two consecutive term limit.
- Jake MacGregor, Co-Chair(ex officio - Ex officio)
- Helen Zhou(Aug 2019 - Aug 2023) Second Consecutive Term
- Hanna Lafond-Hyman, Co-Chair(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Kelli Trei(Aug 2021 - Aug 2023)
- Rachael Johns(Aug 2022 - Aug 2024)
- Stephanie Luke(Aug 2022 - Aug 2024)
- Wenjie Wang(Aug 2022 - Aug 2024)
- Heather Murphy(Aug 2020 - Aug 2022) Served Two Consecutive Terms
- Mara Thacker(Aug 2020 - Aug 2022) Served Two Consecutive Terms
- Julie Bumpus(Aug 2020 - Aug 2022)
- Bernita Brownlee(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020)
- Greg Knott, Co-Chair(ex officio - Ex officio, Aug 2017 - Dec 2019)
- Krystle Simmons(ex officio - Ex officio, Aug 2015 - Jan 2020)