- Library Catalog search interface – The Library Catalog can be used to manage your account and renew books.
- Library Catalog Classic search interface is still currently available.
- Course Reserves – Search the Library Course Reserves Catalog by course number or instructor’s name.
- I-Share (Illinois Academic Libraries) – Find items in the joint catalog shared by U of I and 84 other academic libraries in the state of Illinois.
- OCLC WorldCat – Find items not available via I-Share.
- Interlibrary Loan – Use to request items not found via I-Share
Mathematics Library Specific
- Nuts and Bolts of Finding Books – This section includes more useful information on finding books, including how books are divided among the the library’s three floors, how the Dewey Decimal system works, where the reserve books are located, etc.
- New Books – A searchable database of books received by the Mathematics Library since 1999. For information on where the new book shelf is located,new book loan periods, or how to recommend a purchase, see the New Books webpage.
- Math Reference Books – A searchable database of the books kept in the mathematics reference collection, which is located at the right end of the circulation desk.
- Uncatalogued Books – A searchable database of books owned by the Mathematics Library but not included in the Library Catalog. These titles are shelved in a special location, so please ask at the circulation desk for any you wish to see.
- SpringerLink– Springer publishes high quality mathematics books; electronic books are available as PDF downloads by chapter.
- MATHnetBASE – To access the MATHnetBASE collection, follow these instructions. CRC Press publishes widely on all of the hard sciences, especially engineering and chemistry; electronic books are available as PDF downloads by chapter.
- Wiley Online Library– Available e-books include a unlocked icon to the immediate left of the book title
- Elsevier ScienceDirect – Over 60 titles available as PDFs
- SIAM E-Books – The collection includes more than 450 searchable titles.
- Safari Computer Science and Mathematics E-Books – Safari specializes in information technology publications; electronics books are available as HTML content. Safari titles are available and accessible via a search in the U of I Library Catalog.
- American Institute of Mathematics (AIM) Open Textbook Initiative
- Mathematics History: AMS Books and Resources – A freely accessible database of research-level mathematics books available online as free PDFs, searchable by author or subject.
- National Academies Press – Freely available e-books containing reports published by the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, the Institute of Medicine, and the National Research Council; electronic books are available as PDF download by chapter.
- DML: Digital Mathematics Library – Retrodigitized mathematics journals and monographs.
- Historical Math Monographs from the Cornell University Library – The Cornell University Library Historical Mathematics Monographs is a collection of selected monographs with expired copyrights chosen from the mathematics field. These were monographs that were brittle and decaying and in need of rescue.
- The University of Michigan Historical Mathematics Collection – The University of Michigan Historical Mathematics Collection is a growing library of books selected from the University of Michigan mathematics collection that have been digitized to improve access and to preserve the content of these books.
- Open Content Alliance at the Internet Archive – The Open Content Alliance (OCA) represents the collaborative efforts of a group of cultural, technology, nonprofit, and governmental organizations from around the world that will help build a permanent archive of multilingual digitized text and multimedia content.
- Google Books – Search the world’s most comprehensive index of full-text books.
- HathiTrust Digital Library – HathiTrust is a partnership of major research institutions and libraries working to ensure that the cultural record is preserved and accessible long into the future. There are more than 150 partners in HathiTrust, and membership is open to institutions worldwide.
- Classical Works, Selecta, and Opera Omnia
A section of The Electronic Library of Mathematics dedicated to “works of enduring interest.” Featuring collections of papers by Sir William Rowan Hamilton and Georg Friedrich Bernhard Riemann.
- Göttinger Digitalisierungszentrum – Mathematical Literature
Scanned journals available through Göttinger Digitalisierungszentrum, dedicated to preserving mathematical publications for long term access via electronic copies. Part of the Electronic Research Archive for Mathematics (ERAM / Jahrbuch).
Digital Dissertations and Theses
Direct link to ProQuest Dissertations & Theses offering access to digital dissertations and theses. Direct link to IDEALS, a digital collection of dissertations and theses produced at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.