The IDEA Lab provides its facilities to current UIUC-affiliated students, faculty, academic professionals, and staff with a valid i-Card in good standing. For our 3D Printing policies and procedures, please visit the IDEA Lab’s 3D Printing Studio page.
Space Use and Reservations
- Reservations: Patrons can reserve a space by visiting the IDEA Lab’s Spaces page.
- Patrons who reserve a space must be physically present and check in with their i-Card.
- Room occupant levels may at no point exceed the maximum occupancy level set for each room. This is a fire code issue.
- Innovator Design Rooms must have at least 2 occupants or the reservation will be canceled after 10 minutes.
- Technology-rich spaces require one business day in advance reservation for software installation and updates.
- Cancellations: Absence/Leave of a space for more than 20 minutes will result in cancelation of the reservation.
- Repeated cancellations or unused bookings may result in limits on future space requests.
- Food & Drink: No food or drink is allowed in the IDEA Lab. Thank you for keeping our space clean and technology safe.
- Lost & Found: Unattended items left in a reserved space will be collected and delivered to Lost and Found at the Grainger Engineering Library Circulation Desk on the 1st floor.
- The Library is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Reservations: Patrons can check out items by visiting the IDEA Lab’s Loanable Technology page.
- Returns: Patrons must return items in person to the IDEA Lab Help Desk.
- Items will be discharged after the IDEA Lab staff receives and processes all items.
- Late Fees: Overdue fines are $15/day.
- Damaged/Lost Items: Visit the University Library’s Borrowing Policy for information.