Onboarding is the process in which new hires are integrated into the organization. This process is important for employee retention.
New Employee or New Role
- All new employees should familiarize themselves with the Expectations for Library Employees.
- Unit heads/supervisors of new employees should review the Getting Equipment and Workspace for Your New Employee page and complete the necessary forms.
- Unit heads/supervisors of new employees and new employees should review and complete the steps in the appropriate New Employee Onboarding Checklists.
- Supervisors of Graduate Assistants should review Onboarding and Training for Library Graduate Assistants
- Those beginning unit head or supervisory roles should familiarize themselves with the Library Unit Head and Supervisor HR Related Responsibilities.
- For information on interim appointments please view this page.
- The Library’s HR-DEIA Best Practices Group is responsible for identifying and recommending best practices for Library recruitment, search/hiring, and onboarding processes and complete iterative reviews.
- Land Acknowledgment Statement: a formal statement that recognizes and respects Native peoples as traditional guardians of lands and the enduring relationship that exists between Native peoples and their traditional territories.
- The library acronyms list is available to help employees learn what many Library acronyms mean.
- Please view the Library’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility page.