425 Library, MC-522
1408 West Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
Oak St. Library Facility
OSLF, 2nd Floor
809 South Oak Street
Mail Code 527
Champaign, IL 61820
Building Emergency Action Plans
The University Office of Emergency Planning, in compliance with Campus and FEMA regulations, has created and maintains
Building Emergency Action Plans (BEAPS) for the following Library-ocuppied buildings:
Online versions as well a printable PDFs of the BEAPs are available through the links below (requires a Library staff log-on)
If you are not in one of these facilities, training may not yet be available and will be administered through the building administration for the building your library is located.
If you have offices in two facilities, you should do necessary training for both buildings.
- Gregory Hall/ Communications Library BEAP - (Available on the wiki using a partial version of the Gregory Hall BEAP plan)
- Harding Band Building/ Sousa Archives BEAP - (Available on the wiki using the Harding Band Building’s BEAP plan)
- Altgeld Hall/Mathematics Library
- Architecture Builiding/ Ricker Library of Art & Architecture
- Noyes Laboratory/Chemistry Library
- Music Building/ Music and Performing Arts Library
- University High School/ University High School Library
- Veterinary Medicine Basic Sciences Building/ Veterinary Medicine Library
All libraries in other campus buildings should refer to building administration for a BEAP for their specific building.
To make edits to the Library BEAP Wiki
Each Library Unit is responsible for maintaining a current list of staff (including hourly employees) to be included with the appropriate building BEAP.
This list should be reviewed/updated each semester.
- BEAP Unit Coordinators can make edits for their areas directly in the Library BEAP wiki- Appendix B Employee Evacuation Accountability List
Once edited this list can be immediately printed and inserted in the Emergency Kits, and ready to be used for the next building evacuation.
For other edits/questions or for help editing the wiki
- Please submit your questions using the provided web form.
- If you cannot edit the wiki please submit a full list of your current staff by using this Microsoft Word template and uploading it to the web form.
- The edits will be made at the end of the month.
BEAP Training Requirements
Who takes the BEAP Training?
- Per OSHA regulations, all University employees are required to verify that they have reviewed Building Emergency Action Plan (BEAP).
- Library Employees and Non-Library Employees who work in Library Buildings must review the building specific BEAP plan(s) for their work location(s).
All employees who have already attended a live training session, and/or already taken the BEAP Quiz, do not need to take further training nor complete the BEAP Quiz again.
The current BEAP quizzes now send an email confirmation. The master list of completed training is kept by Office of Library Facilities. For questions please contact Wendy Wolter at the Office of Library Facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org.