Digital Reproduction Requests
Request methods vary depending on the location of the item requested and how much of the item you want to reproduce.
Placing a request for Special Collection Materials
If the item you are requesting is in one of our Special Collection Libraries, please contact the library directly about placing a request for reproduction.
- Illinois History and Lincoln Collections: https://www.library.illinois.edu/ihx/ – email@example.com
- Map Library: http://www.library.illinois.edu/max/ – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rare Book & Manuscript Library: http://www.library.illinois.edu/rbx/ – email@example.com
- University of Illinois Archives: http://archives.library.illinois.edu/ – firstname.lastname@example.org
Placing a request for General Collection (Circulating) Materials
If an item is not in one of our special collections libraries, it belongs to our general collections (circulating materials). To find general collections items, use the Library’s Easy Search. Some materials are already accessible online.
For material not already available library patrons can place a request through DocExpress or with Digitization Services. Review the options and instructions below.
- Requesting Partial Works from Doc Express
- If you are in need of a few pages from a book or journal for research, please contact DocExpress.
- Requesting an Image for Publication from Digitization Services
- To place a request for a publication (high-res) image, complete the General Collections Reproduction Request Form for Patrons. We use a Special Collections Aeon system to manage these requests. Please follow the steps below to place a request:
- Click on the General Collections Reproduction Request Form for Patrons link
- Create an account or login to an existing account.
- Once logged in, you will be directed to the General Collections Reproduction Request Form for Patrons.
- Billing, payment, and delivery will take place via your Aeon User Account.
For questions about placing an order please contact email@example.com.
- Requesting an Entire Work
- If you need an entire book or journal scanned, contact Teaching, Learning and Academic Support or your library subject specialist. Our turn-around time is 3 to 4 weeks. Access will be provided to you through the Digital Library. The loan period is restricted to one user via their NetId and expires after 21 days. For extensions, please contact Central Access Services. Some materials may be rejected due to length, condition or format.
Placing a request for Library Staff ONLY
Library content liaisons or staff please complete the General Collections Reproduction Request Form for Library Staff. This form is restricted to library employees ONLY. This form is for General Collection material ONLY. Please contact Special Collections libraries directly with inquiries about their collections.
Current time to complete a request is 3-4 weeks. Large scale orders require additional time and cost.
Fees and Pricing
|Equipment/Format||Setup Fee, includes 1st image/page.||Fee Per Image/Page|
|Book Digitization, 600 dpi (items that are not oversized and/or in poor condition)||$20||$0.20 per page|
|Single image digitization, 600 dpi (items that are oversized and/or in poor condition)||$20||$2 per image|
|OCR creation (delivered in PDF format)||$2||$0.50 per page|
|Image editing (stitching, color/image correction, cropping)||$10 per 15 minutes of labor|
|Custom Orders||Priced Upon Request|