Computer Resources in the Undergrad Library
Public Computers and Software
- The Undergrad Library maintains
computers available on both the upper and lower levels for use by the researchers and students from
other institutions, as well as public users.
Instructional Computing Services (ICS)
computer lab in the
northeast corner of the UGL available with NetId and password.
Loanable Laptops and Associated Hardware
- You can borrow a PC or a MacBook Pro
laptop at the Undergrad Library.
- Laptops and hardware are available for 2 hours at a time for in-library use only.
- There are no renewals. $5/hour overdue fine.
- Click below for info and availability.
- All Library PC computers can print to print stations located near the Undergrad Library
circulation and reference desks on the upper level.
- Black and White Printing is $0.10 a page, color printing costs vary based on how much color is
in the document being printed.
- Macs and ICS computers print to the ICS print station.
- To pre-pay for printing:
Click here for details.
- Pay Cash:
If a print job does not print via "pay cash" after a UGL employee has pushed the "print"
button, try resending the print job from the original computer. If this can't be done, library
staff will call the IT office, give them the job number next to the unprinted print job, and will
try to resend the job.
- Net-Id Payment:
Click here for
- There are a number scanners throughout the upper level. Ask at the Reference Desk for
- Book Scan Station. Two walk up scanners are available on the upper level for use with a
ICS lab also maintains
two scanners, available with NetId and login.
- Want to scan a document directly to your mobile device? The UGL loans out USB cables to connect
your iPod, smart phone, PDA, Camera, or other USB OTG devices. Each are available for 2 hours.