Group Rooms / Study Rooms
Need space to work on a group project? Or how about a quiet space for an interview or
online exam? Reserve one of our group or quiet study rooms.
The UIUC Libraries offer a variety of rooms that can be reserved by groups of 2 or
more individuals. Media Editing Stations in the Media Commons at the Undergraduate Library
can also be reserved.
How Do I Reserve a Room (
Go to the reserve link
- Select number of people per room, if you want it for 1/2 hour, hour, 1 1/2 hours or two hours
and if you want it now, anytime, a morning, afternoon or evening. Then select the date.
- Next, select which building you are interested in and then the room.
- Fill out the form for your information. Then click
Call D!bs (to submit your request)
- A confirmation email with room details, confirmation code, and cancellation link will be sent
to the provided email address.
Please note: Food is not allowed in our libraries. Beverages are
permissable if they have lids.
Group/Collaboration Rooms on the Upper Level of the UGL
Group rooms have the following features:
- Space for group work, projects and conversation.
- All rooms are for group use only. Perfect for up to 6-8 people.
- Available on a first come, first serve basis. All rooms can be scheduled in advance.
- There is a 2 booking limit per week with a maximum of 2 hours per booking.
- Arrive within 15 minutes of your reserved start time. Otherwise, the reservation will be
What's in the Room?
- Whiteboards in each room (check out additional dry-erase markers at our circulation desk!)
- Rooms 1 and 2 each have a table equipped with 6 laptops/tablet-to-VGA connectors so that
students plug in their laptops and share/switch between them on the big screen LCD in the room.
Students who use Macbooks/iPads can check out
the front desk.
- Patrons can check out VGA amd HDMI cables from the Loanable Technology Desk for use with the
televisions available in group rooms 3-11.