Use the following catalogs to find research materials at the University of Illinois and throughout the world. For information about finding and borrowing books at Illinois, please read our guide to finding books.
- Online Library Catalog – Discover and locate materials on the Illinois campus.
- I-Share Catalog – Represents the holdings of over 70 libraries in the State of Illinois. The statewide catalog allows you to request books that are either checked out or not available on campus.
- WorldCat (Illinois campus access; public access) – An online catalog representing the holdings of over 10,000 libraries worldwide.
- Grainger Multiple Library Search – Combines searching in the campus catalog, I-Share, the Big 10 libraries, and other major libraries in the U.S. If you want to add catalogs to your search use CTRL/Click to select one or more institutions.
- Center for Research Libraries Catalogs – A deep, rich collection of materials available to scholars at member libraries (we are one) that includes U.S. ethnic newspapers, dissertations from outside the U.S. and Canada, Southeast Asian government documents, and much, much more. The collection is located on the campus of the University of Chicago.
- LibWeb – Links to library pages in 146 countries.
- The European Library – Search the catalogs of European national libraries.
- Digital Library for International Research (catalog; home) – Combined holdings of 19 libraries from the Council of American Overseas Research Council that includes links to an online catalog, e-books, photo archives, map collections, and more. Although you will not be able to request directly from this catalog, you may be able to identify materials for interlibrary loan that cannot be found elsewhere.
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina – An example of a modern virtual library attempting to capture the feeling of the ancient library.