Company/Product Information: (sources available via the Library website)
- Provides access to a mixture of practical and theoretical business content including company, industry, and country reports, scholarly journals and ebooks, videos, dissertations, newspapers, and more.
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
- Find popular facts (income, population, racial info, etc.) and frequently requested data about your community. Search by state, county, city, town, or zip code.
- A collection of Industry Market Research
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- For product sales: search by product or product category.
- For private company info: use the “Get Company Info” option in lower right corner.
- Provides market share with percentages, and sometimes provides volumes sold.
- Includes annual reports and sales info on companies
- Database on non-publicly owned companies
- General statistical data.
- Provides the most recent business news and informaton on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
Online Style Guides
- Find information and links to the most common citation styles and guidelines for using these.
- APA guidelines for citing online industry sources
New Strategist Books (available on the Advertising Bookcase)
- The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
SRDS Local Market Audience Analyst(available online, requires Internet Explorer)
- Breaks down the American population geographically and demographically and includes extensive lifestyle information on the interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market.
- Births, life expectancy, deaths, and selected health data.
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables
- Apparel: Indexed Spending by Household Type, 2012
- Entertainment: Average Spending by Age, 2012
- Illicit Drug Use by People Ages 12 or Older, 2010
- Median Household Income by Race and Gender, 2012
- Personal Care
- Sex Roles, 2012
Advertising Rates and Data: (some sources are located behind the library’s reference desk)
SRDS Consumer Magazine Media (available online)
- Provides information on over 3,000 U.S. and international consumer magazines. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Digital Websites (available online)
- Lists online advertising opportunities such as web sites. Get up-to date information on audience profiles, advertising rates, circulation/coverage, contact names and more.
- Includes profiles for companies, with descriptions for what networks and tech vendors do, including 30-80 standardized data points.
SRDS Newspaper Media (available online)
- Provides information on daily newspapers, newspaper groups, Black newspapers, college newspapers, and specialized newspaper. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
SRDS Out of Home Media (available online)
- Includes coverage, circulation, rates, terms and conditions, and advertising rates for over 19 media categories including: airport, outdoor, stadium, transit, movie, and shopping malls.
SRDS Local Media by DMA (available online)
- Provides information on local media
SRDS Radio Media (available online)
- Provides: market profiles, AM/FM commercial stations, networks. Includes cost per point estimates.
SRDS TV & Cable Media (available online)
- Provides affiliations and coverage for: commercial stations, broadcast networks, multiple station owners, cable systems, interconnects, cable networks, sports networks, and syndicators. Includes cost per point estimates.
Can’t find what you need? Email us at: email@example.com. Or, visit the Communications Library
Library Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8 am-12 am; Fri: 8 am-5 pm; Sat: 1-5 pm; Sun: 1 pm-12 am