- ACS Symposium Series
- How to Find Dissertations and Theses
- Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS) (Local institutional repository; Illinois materials)
- ProQuest (Dissertation Abstracts)
Tips for Finding Dissertations
Prior to 2010, all dissertations and theses were in print format and added to the online catalog. All Ph.D. dissertations and Masters theses should have a record in the Library Catalog. See How to Find Dissertations and Theses guide for how to do this.
Search Tip: When looking in the online catalog use the Advanced Search to limit by Author and Subject (theses).
Since 2010, all theses and dissertations have been electronic in format. IDEALS is the campus repository for electronic dissertations and theses (EDT).
- Department of Chemistry dissertations and theses
- Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering dissertations and theses
- Graduate Dissertations and Theses at Illinois
ProQuest Digital Dissertations and Theses
All U of I dissertations and theses should have been added to the ProQuest Digital Dissertations and Theses. This database contains citations back to 1861 and includes abstracts back to 1980. Full text of U of I dissertations from mid-1940s to the present should be available to campus users. Masters theses have been selectively indexed since 1962.