The work group is responsible for sustainable policies, procedures, technical systems, and staffing to procure, manage, and provide access to licensed and purchased electronic resources, such as electronic journals and e-books.
This includes working with users and vendors in troubleshooting access issues.
The group is responsible for managing technical systems related to e-resources.
The group is also responsible for gathering statistics to assist with acquisition decisions.
- Acquisition decisions are out of scope, but providing usage and other statistics to assist with these decisions is in scope for the group.
- This group will also assist with the public services issues related to e-resources, such as instructing patrons in the discovery and use of these resources.
Initially chaired by the Head of Acquisitions. In matters related to e-resources, this group represents and coordinates the actions of Acquisitions, Serials Cataloging, Collections, and Information Technology. Initial rotation after one year. The chair of this work group may be reappointed beyond two years due to their position as the head of the Acquisitions unit. [8 members]
- Wendy Shelburne, Chair(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Electronic Resources Librarian
- Stephanie Baker(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Technical Services Research Programmer
- Jon Gorman(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Application Support Specialist [Also: Digital Production]
- Chris Morgan(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) Acquisitions Support Specialist
- Jamie Carlstone(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) E-Serials Bibliographic Control Specialist
- Willy Kries(Aug 2017 - Aug 2019) E-Book Cataloging Specialist Leader
- Piper Martin(Jan 2018 - Aug 2019) Reference Services Instruction Librarian
CAPT Electronic Resources Reports to:
- Melanie Emerson(Aug 2017 - Dec 2017) Head of Art and Architecture Library
- Lynn Wiley, Chair(Aug 2017 - Dec 2018) Head of Acquisitions [Also: Cataloging and Metadata]