Guide to Folklore Resources
What is folklore?
Folklore includes a range of expressive culture: stories, music, pottery, games, vernacular architecture, and much more.
- Defining Folklore
- Genres of Folklore
- Folklore as an Academic Discipline
- Suggested Books and Articles about Folklore and Folk Groups
- Websites Defining Folklore
Folklore Resources on Campus
Find books, articles, journals, and special collections about folklore on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.
- Find Folklore Resources by Call Number
- Find Articles about Folklore
- Find Background Information about Folklore
- Special & Hidden Library Collections
- Folklore in University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Museums
Regional Folklore Resources
There are a multitude of museums, cultural centers, and websites about American folklore in the United States.
- Museums and Cultural Centers in Illinois
- General Folklore
- Illinois Folklore
- Regional (Contiguous States)
- Other Regional Sites within U.S.
- Selected Folklore Study Programs
Campus Folksong Club Oral History Project
The Campus Folksong Club was active during the early 1960’s through the early 1970s. Learn about its history and members on the following webpage.
About the Guide to Folklore Resources
This Guide to Folklore Resources was developed by Tracie Wilson, 2006-2007 CLIR Fellow and folklorist with technical assistance by Tabatha Becker, Reference and Web Resources Graduate Assistant.