Geography Article Databases
General Geography Databases
Databases that cover a broad range of geography topics.
- GEOBASE (Online version of Geographical Abstracts, contains both human and physical geography articles.)
- GeoRef (American Geological Institute’s index to geoscience literature, strong physical geography collection.)
- Web of Science (Includes Social Sciences Citation Index)
- American Geographical Society Library (Alphabetized list of Current Geographical Publications with links to the table of contents of current journal issues.)
Human Geography Related Databases
Historical, political, economic, behavioral, and population geography.
- ABI/Inform (business and economics)
- America: History & Life
- Annual Review of Anthropology*
- Annual Review of Sociology*
- Anthropology Plus
- CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)
- EconLit with Full Text (economics)
- Historical Abstracts
- International Political Science Abstracts
- PAIS International with Archive (public affairs information from over 120 countries)
- Sociological Abstracts (sociology)
- SocINDEX with Full Text (sociology & related disciplines)
Physical Geography Related Databases
Pedology (soils geography), biogeography, climatology, and geomorphology.
- American Journal of Science (also, Special Volumes)
- Biological Abstracts (BIOSIS)
- CABI: CAB Abstracts and Global Health (agriculture, environment and related applied life sciences)
- Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management (water, environmental science, ecology, pollution, and sustainability abstracts)
- Geologic Names Lexicon (geologic formations and units, including revisions)
- PubMed (health and medicine)
- Science.gov (Authoritative selected science information provided by U.S. Government agencies, including research and development results.)
Geographic Techniques Related Databases
Geographic information systems (GIS), cartography, quantitative methods in geography, and remote sensing.
- Engineering Village (engineering, computer science, and applied science)
- GIS Bibliography (geographic information systems, science, and technology)
- IEEE Xplore (engineering and computer science)
- SCOPUS (general science)
Great places to begin research or to research a general topic.