Fun online books and book collections.
- Unshelved by Gene Ambaum and Bill BarnesUnshelved is a daily web comic, which has also been compiled into several books.
What people have said about IS and libraries.
“Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.” — Unknown.
- A Collection of Librarian Quotations Compiled by Carl C. Gaither and Alma E. Cavazos-Gaither.
- Libraries | The Quote GardenForty selected quotations about libraries. The Quote Garden also has sections on “books” and “internet.”
- Library Quotes – BrainyQuote
- Quotations Relating to Libraries Compiled by Goodreads members.
- Speaking of Information: The Library Juice Quotation BookCompiled by Rory Litwin, this collection of quotes about libraries and information is divided into chapters by topic. It also cites the original source for the quotation, which is often missing from quotation sources!
A few favorite library-related videos.
- Funny Library Clips (montage of movie scenes set in libraries, created by the Greene County, Ohio, Public Library)
- The Librarian (a 1946 vocational guidance film)
- Medieval Help Desk (with English sub-titles)
- BloodHag: The Faster You Go Deaf… (heavy metal meets science fiction in the library YA collection)
- Librarians Do Gaga (from the U of Washington iSchool)
- Library Girl (by Reina del Cid)
Videos That Make You Think
- Library Video Network (instructional videos on a multitude of topics from the UIUC Library)
Additional fun library-related websites and resources.
- The Fictional World of Archives, Art Galleries and Museums
A compendium of archives-related characters, settings, and plot devices in books, movies, TV programs, and games, toys, and computer software.
- Dispatches from a Public Librarian
Scott Douglas shares his observations and stories of “strange patrons, strange tales, and otherwise just strange things.”
- Library Science Jeopardy
Check your knowledge of Library Science.
- Peeps Research: A Study of Small Fluffy Creatures and Library Usage
Created by Millikin University librarians Susan Avery (now at UIUC) and Jennifer Masciadrelli, this website illustrates what happens when a bevy of Peeps (marshmallow chicks) visit the library.
- Spectacles: How Pop Culture Views Librarians
All about the familiar stereotype.
“The world’s only daily comic strip set in a public library.” The Library owns print compilations of the strip as well.
- The Original Warrior Librarian
Original humor by Biblia (Amanda Credaro) and many links to other library humor sites. See also a print compilation, Biblia’s Guide for Warrior Librarians.