Slavic Reference Service
- Joseph Lenkart, Manager, Slavic Reference Service 333-1349 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan Adamczyk, Senior Library Specialist 333-1349 email@example.com
- Annabella Irvine, Research Associate/Research Specialist 333-1349 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Adams, SRS Graduate Assistant 333-1349 email@example.com
- Maeve Prusnick, SRS Graduate Assistant 333-1349 firstname.lastname@example.org
Slavic Collections, Acquisitions and Cataloging
- Kit Condill, Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies Librarian email@example.com
- Mirella Bajric, Slavic Acquisitions 300-3222 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nazanine Agassi, Slavic Acquisitions 333-2843 email@example.com
- Jan Adamczyk, Senior Library Specialist / Slavic Cataloging 265-8145 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oana Diana Eynon, Senior Library Specialist / Slavic Cataloging 217-300-4772 email@example.com
- Gulchekhra Fehr, Library Specialist / Slavic Cataloging 217-300-9489 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madina Grace, Library Specialist / Slavic Cataloging 217-300-2760 email@example.com
To help support scholars with comfortable and accessible services during the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are offering additional virtual bibliographic support, research consultations, and reference services. Join our research consultation virtual room at go.library.illinois.edu/SRS.
The Slavic Reference Service responds to queries in the areas of Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies. Our queries originate from the University of Illinois, other U.S. institutions, and scholars and researchers around the world. We provide a range of services including:
- Assistance with identifying, locating and using print, digital and other Slavic, East European, and Eurasian resources.
- Course related instruction in locating and using library resources
- Assistance with finding specific books, articles, dissertations and other materials held by U of I and other libraries.
- Provision of factual information such as biographical information and statistical data
- Assistance with the use of microform resources including the use of microfilm and fiche readers and scanners.
- Consultation in formulating research strategies
Slavic, East European and Eurasian Collections and Services are located in the International Area Studies Library on the third floor, on the south side of the main library building, Room 321. This area houses reference materials, current periodicals and newspapers, photocopiers, microform readers and scanners, library catalog terminals, an extensive collection of microform materials in addition to the Slavic Reference Service. The General Information page includes more history and background about the library and its many collections.
In order to check out IAS Library materials, all faculty, staff, and students must present a University of Illinois i-card to the circulation staff. All others must present a barcoded courtesy card, affiliated staff card, or ILCSO school ID card. Loan periods vary according to patron status:
- Graduate Students and Faculty–16 weeks
- Undergraduate Students–4 weeks
- Courtesy Card Patrons–4 weeks
- Unbound Journals and Newspapers do not circulate
- Reference Materials do not circulate
There are no reserve materials shelved in the IAS Library. Materials may be renewed by calling the Library’s Central Access Services at 333-8400, or by following instructions on the My Account page.