Graduate students may be appointed to a monthly-paid graduate assistantship. Once you have completed a graduate assistant (GA) application form, you may contact the position’s supervisor directly for position inquiries. First priority for graduate assistantships in the University Library is given to students enrolled in the School of Information Sciences. University Library GAs are usually 1/4 time or .25 (10 hours/week) and 1/2 time or .50 (20 hours/week). Students must be appointed between 25% and 67% for 91 or more continuous days in order to qualify for a Tuition Waiver.
If the position that you have applied to is no longer posted, this means the unit is no longer accepting applications. See the Illinois Human Resources website for more information about Graduate Assistantship positions.
- Preservation Unit - Pre-Professional Graduate Assistantship
- Office of Digital Strategies - Pre-Professional Graduate Assistant
- Center for Children’s Books - Pre-Professional Graduate Assistant/Research Assistant
- University Laboratory High School Library - Pre-Professional Graduate Assistant
- Law Library- Graduate Assistantship