Please note that all returned items will be quarantined for several days before being checked back in. You will receive an emailed return receipt once the returned item is checked back in.
Where to Return Material
- Most items, including I-Share material – return to any Urbana campus library circulation desk or bookdrop
- Loanable technology and video games – hand item to library staff at the circulation desk where you checked out the item
- Interlibrary Loan (NOT I-Share) materials – return to the Main Library Circulation Desk
- Fragile or Poor Condition items – hand item to library staff at the circulation desk where you checked out the item
- Recalled items – hand item to staff at a circulation desk
- Library materials can’t be returned through campus mail.
- Items are discharged from your account before being shipped back to the owning library.
- Return receipts are available upon request at any circulation desk.
- Urbana Free and Champaign Public Library material cannot be returned to U of I libraries.
Outside bookdrops can be found in the following locations:
- Funk ACES Library – Outside the south entrance (by the circle drive)
- Grainger Engineering Library – Southeast corner of the building (on the engineering quad, near the loading dock)
- Main Library – Southwest corner of the building, in the parking lot (upper level)
- Music Building – Outside the north entrance (opposite Krannert Center)
- Undergraduate Library – East side of the west pavilion
- U of I Library map and directory
Keep in mind the following when using a bookdrop:
- They’re available when the Library is closed.
- They’re convenient.
- Some items can’t be returned to a bookdrop (see Exceptions above).
- Items may not be discharged from your account as quickly. Most bookdrops are emptied daily when the library is open.