Funding Your Research
- Grants, Fellowships, and Scholarships Find funding for your research or studies.
- Writing a Research ProposalA guide that covers what a proposal is, types of proposals, parts of proposals, and must-have resources.
Methods Design and Practice
- Scholarly Commons The Scholarly Commons provides consultation services and software related to data, GIS, and digital humanities.
- Media CommonsLocated in the Undergraduate Library, the Media Commons provides consultation services, technology, and spaces for digital media production.
- Savvy Researcher WorkshopsExplore new technology and become a better researcher through the Library’s workshops focused on advanced research and information management skills for undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty.
- Digital HumanitiesThis web page explains what Digital Humanities is, resources, and an example of a Digital Humanities project workflow.
- Usability TestingInformation on the Scholarly Common’s usability lab, which consists of a room and two workstations.
- Data DiscoveryInformation on how to find numeric and spatial data, classes, and workshops.
Data Management Support
- Research Data ServiceOur Research Data Services provide information on planning, organizing, and saving in your data management plan.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Data ManagementA guide based on an introduction to data management for those new to the data collecting process.
- Citation Management Software OverviewThis guide covers different citation manager options to help you decide what citation manager will work for you.
- Cite a SourceInformation on citation styles and editorial style.
Collaboration, Note Taking, and Storage Tools
- Find Faculty CollaboratorsUse the Illinois Experts profile system to discover faculty collaborators with expertise in your area of research.
- Managing Your Work HabitsChoose methods and tools for organizing your information in meaningful ways.
Ask a Librarian
- Visit Us
- Live Chat
- Email via Web Form
- Text: (217) 686-4361
- Phone: (217) 333-2291