Your Library Account
- Setup and Use My Account – Step-by-step guide to setting up your library account so you can renew items, make and view requests, or check for fines or fees.
- Library Cards
- Courtesy Cards – Instructions on how to apply for a courtesy card if you are a community member or visitor.
- Visitors and Affiliates – Explains what borrowing privileges your courtesy card gives you.
- Sample Visiting Scholar Letter from Sponsoring Department – To obtain a courtesy card, guests and visiting scholars must have a letter from their Urbana campus sponsoring academic department.
- Patron Account Blocks
- Confidentiality Policy
- Borrowing Privileges – Bookstacks access, loan periods, renewal limits, and fines and fees.
- Return – Tips for returning material, and lists outside bookdrop locations.
- Course Reserves – Find physical or electronic items placed on reserves specifically for your class. See also: electronic reserves for just electronic items for courses you are enrolled in, guide to electronic reserves, and guide to putting items on reserve (for instructors).
Request and Delivery
These services are available to U of I users only.
- Interlibrary Loan – Request items that are not available from the U of I Library or I-Share.
- DocExpress (Document Delivery) – Request copies of U of I Library material.