Media Commons Loanable Technology
For Remote Media and Instructional Support, please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/
For student resources, please visit techservices.illinois.edu/content/continuing-key-university-activities
UPDATE: As of 1/25:
- Technology is available for booking. Items must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of when we open on the desired day of pickup. (For example, if we open at 11am each day, a booking for a Wednesday pickup needs to be made no later than 11am Tuesday.)
- To pick up equipment, patrons must have a valid i-card, facemask, and access to the building via the Safer Illinois app or Boarding Pass option.
- Please do not place technology in library book drops!
- Items can be returned in person to the west UGL pavilion entrance. See hours near the bottom of this page.
- Returned items are placed into quarantine before discharge. As a result, items will not be removed from accounts immediately.
- You can return items via mail. Please package appropriately, include your netid and library number, and list the address on the package as:Attn: UGL Loanable TechnologyUndergraduate Library1402 West Gregory DriveUrbana IL 61801
- Please email Media Commons at email@example.com with general tech questions
- Billing question? Please contact UGL Billing
General Loanable Technology
For a list of all the technology we have available in our Loanable Technology program – click here.
In Library Use (2 Hour)
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of DSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
Please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/ for Online Media Support
Spring 2021 Hours
- Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Monday-Thursday 11:00am-9:00pm
- Friday 11:00am-5:00pm
CLOSED: Feb 17, March 24, and April 13
Pro-Gear Rental Hours
Unavailable Fall 2020 (Spring TBD)
During the Semester:
- Sunday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Monday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Tuesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Wednesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Thursday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Friday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Saturday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Book equipment item in advance (minimum one full business day in advance for Spring 2021)
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- Visit the service desk in the west plaza level entrance of the Undergraduate Library for pick up of equipment Spring 2021
- Bring an active UIUC i-card (face mask required, practice social distancing)
- After use, please return items to the service desk in the west plaza level entrance of the Undergraduate Library during our open hours
- In-Library items: 2 hours NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- Out-of-Library items: up to 28 days Spring 2021 only
- Overdue fines are $15/day (for out-of-library use items)
- Overdue fines are $5/hour (for 2 hour items)
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here