Media Commons Loanable Technology
General Loanable Technology
For a complete list of all the items in our Loanable Technology program – click here!
In Library Use (2 Hour)
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of DSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
Summer 2021 Hours
- Monday-Thursday 11:00am-5:00pm
- Closed Monday July 5
Pro-Gear Rental Hours
Unavailable (2021 TBD)
During the Semester:
- Sunday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Monday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Tuesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Wednesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Thursday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Friday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Saturday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Technology is available for booking. Book in advance for contactless locker pickup, or visit the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level for walk-up service.
- To pick up equipment, patrons must have a valid i-card. All patrons must wear a face covering while in the UGL, regardless of vaccination status.
- Two-hour in-library use items are available for checkout with an active i-card (in-library use laptops are currently unavailable)
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
Loanable Technology Returns
- Please do not place technology in library book drops!
- Items must be returned in person to the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level or mailed to the UGL (see below)
- Items will not be discharged until after the tech desk receives and processes the items, which will mean a very minimal delay of discharge from your account.
- To return items via mail, please package appropriately, include your netid and library number, and list the address on the package as:
Attn: UGL Loanable TechnologyUndergraduate Library1402 West Gregory DriveUrbana IL 61801
- Billing question? Please contact UGL Billing
- In-Library items: 2 hours
- Out-of-Library items: up to 10 days (temporary COVID loan length policy ends August 2, 2021)
- Overdue fines are $15/day (for out-of-library use items)
- Overdue fines are $5/hour (for 2 hour in-library items)
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here