Media Commons Loanable Technology
For Remote Media and Instructional Support, please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/
For student resources, please visit techservices.illinois.edu/content/continuing-key-university-activities
UPDATE: As of 10/27:
- CLOSED ELECTION DAY 11/3: the Undergraduate Library will be closed Tuesday, November 3rd. Technology items may not be booked or returned on this day.
- Loanable Technology is now available for booking. Bookings must be made online at least 24 hours in advance, and pick up is located inside the west plaza-level entrance to the UGL. More info will be emailed upon submission of booking.
- CLOSED Fall Break, reopen November 29th
- In-person returns are accepted inside the west plaza-level entrance to the UGL during any open hours. Please see listed hours further down this page.
- You can return items via mail. Please package appropriately, include your netid and library number, and list the address on the package as:Attn: UGL Loanable TechnologyUndergraduate Library1402 West Gregory DriveUrbana IL 61801
Please note: Items will NOT be removed from your library account until the UGL can safely process the returned items. Overdue fines will not be charged during this quarantine period. If items are returned with a problem (incomplete, broken, etc), we will contact you to address the issue. Please contact UGL Billing with any questions.
General Loanable Technology
For a list of all the technology we have available in our Loanable Technology program – click here.
In Library Use (2 Hour)
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of DSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
Access to Loanable Technology is now provided through lockers in the west plaza level entrance to the Undergraduate Library.
Please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/ for Online Media Support
Fall 2020 Hours:
- Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Monday: 11:00am-9:00pm
- Tuesday: 11:00am-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 11:00am-9:00pm
- Thursday: 11:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 11:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
Pro-Gear Rental Hours
TBD for Fall 2020
During the Semester:
- Sunday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Monday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Tuesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Wednesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Thursday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Friday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Saturday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Book equipment item in advance (minimum 24 hours for Fall 2020)
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- Visit the service desk in the west plaza level entrance of the Undergraduate Library for pick up of equipment Fall 2020
- Bring an active UIUC i-card (face mask required, practice social distancing)
- After use, please return items to the service desk in the west plaza level entrance of the Undergraduate Library during our open hours
- In-Library items: 2 hours NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- Out-of-Library items: up to 28 days Fall 2020 only
- Overdue fines are $15/day (for 10 day items)
- Overdue fines are $5/hour (for 2 hour items)
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here