Media Commons Loanable Technology
General Loanable Technology
For a complete list of all the items in our Loanable Technology program – click here!
In Library Use (2 Hour) Now at the Circulation Desk!
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of DSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
Fall 2021 Hours
- Monday-Thursday 11:00am – 7:00pm
- Friday 11:00am – 5:30pm
- Saturday 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- Sunday 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Fall Break: closed November 20, 21, 25, 26, 27. Open hours TBD
Pro-Gear Rental Hours
During the Semester:
- Monday-Friday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Technology is available for booking. Book in advance for contactless locker pickup, or visit the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level of the UGL for walk-up service.
- To pick up equipment at the Tech Desk, patrons must have a valid i-card. All patrons must wear a face covering while in the UGL, regardless of vaccination status.
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time. Email email@example.com with questions.
- All unclaimed bookings expire at the end of the first day.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- NEW THIS SEMESTER
- Two-hour in-library use items are available at the Circulation Desk for checkout with an active i-card
- Locker pickup! Items booked in advance will be processed and assigned a locker for self pickup. No need to wait in line, and pick up your items even after the Tech Desk closes! Lockers are located on the upper level of the UGL between the Circ and Tech desks.
Loanable Technology Returns
- Please do not place technology in library book drops
- Items must be returned in person to the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level or mailed to the UGL (see below)
- Items will not be discharged until after the tech desk receives and processes the items, which will mean a very minimal delay of discharge from your account.
- To return items via mail, please package appropriately, include your netid and library number, and list the address on the package as:
Attn: UGL Loanable TechnologyUndergraduate Library1402 West Gregory DriveUrbana IL 61801
- Billing question? Please contact UGL Billing
- General Loanable Tech items: up to 10 days
- College of Media items: up to 3 days
- Overdue fines are $15/day
- No renewals
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here
The Loanable Technology Desk is located on the north side of the upper level of the Undergraduate Library. Tech pickup lockers are located between the circulation desk and the technology desk.