Media Commons Loanable Technology
LOANABLE TECHNOLOGY IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR INSTRUCTIONAL USE ONLY
For Remote Media and Instructional Support, please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/
For student resources, please visit techservices.illinois.edu/content/continuing-key-university-activities
UPDATE: As of 7/2:
- The Undergrad Library is still closed to patrons until further notice. Starting July 7th, instructors can book technology online and pick the items up in the Main Library’s Marshall Gallery Tuesdays and Thursdays 2-4pm. More info will be emailed as a follow up.
- Bookings are mediated and must be approved before items can be loaned. Bookings are limited to instructors using the equipment for academic purposes.
- Renewals will not be granted at this time.
- Please book items at least 48 hours in advance. Requests received less than 48 hours before the booking start date are not guaranteed and you may be asked to reschedule.
- Loanable Technology items may be returned in person to the Main Library’s Marshall Gallery, Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-4pm. We ask that you please wear a mask and practice social-distancing while in the building.
- You can return items via mail. Please package appropriately, include your netid and library number, and list the address on the package as:Attn: UGL Loanable TechnologyUndergraduate Library1402 West Gregory DriveUrbana IL 61801
Please note: Items will NOT be removed from your library account until the UGL can safely process the returned items. Overdue fines will not be charged during this time. If items are returned with a problem (incomplete, broken, etc), we will contact you to address the issue. Please contact UGL Billing with any questions.
General Loanable Technology
For a list of all the technology we have available in our Loanable Technology program – click here.
In Library Use (2 Hour)
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of DSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/ for Online Media Support
During the Semester:
- Sunday: 11:30am-11:00pm
- Monday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Thursday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Friday: 9:30am-8:30pm
- Saturday: 11:30am-8:30pm
Pro-Gear Rental Hours
During the Semester:
- Sunday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Monday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Tuesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Wednesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Thursday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Friday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Saturday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Book equipment item in advance
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- Visit the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level of the Undergraduate Library.
- Bring an active UIUC i-card.
- After use, please return items to the Loanable Technology Desk in the Media Commons during our open hours.
- In-Library items: 2 hours
- Out-of-Library items: up to 10 days
- Overdue fines are $15/day (for 10 day items)
- Overdue fines are $5/hour (for 2 hour items)
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here