Media Commons Loanable Technology
General Loanable Technology
For a list of all the technology we have available in our Loanable Technology program – click here.
In Library Use (2 Hour)
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of dSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
-Friday November 22: closing early at 6:30pm
-Sat/Sun November 23/24: CLOSED
-Mon/Tues November 25/26: open 9:30am-4:30pm
-Wednesday November 27: RETURNS ONLY
-Thurs-Sat November 28-30: CLOSED
-Re-open Sunday December 1: 1:30pm
The Media Commons will be closed the week of Fall Break.
During the Semester
- Sunday: 11:30am-11:00pm
- Monday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Thursday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Friday: 9:30am-8:30pm
- Saturday: 11:30am-8:30pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Book equipment item in advance
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- Visit the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level of the Undergraduate Library.
- Bring an active UIUC i-card.
- After use, please return items to the Loanable Technology Desk in the Media Commons during our open hours.
- In-Library items: 2 hours
- Out-of-Library items: up to 10 days
- Overdue fines are $15/day (for 10 day items)
- Overdue fines are $5/hour (for 2 hour items)
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here