Media Commons Loanable Technology
THE LOANABLE TECHNOLOGY DESK WILL CLOSE FRIDAY MARCH 13th at 4:30PM, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
For Remote Media and Instructional Support, please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/
UPDATE: As of 3/23:
- All libraries are closed until at least April 7th. If the Main Library building is open after that date, you can return items to the Main Library circulation desk. Please check the Main Library webpage for updated information on access and hours. www.library.illinois.edu
- You can return items via mail. Please package appropriately, include your netid and library number and list the address on the package as:Attn: UGL Loanable TechnologyUndergraduate Library1402 West Gregory DriveUrbana IL 61801
Items will NOT BE DISCHARGED until the UGL receives and processes the items, which may mean a delay of discharge from your account. Overdue fines will not be charged during this time. Please contact UGL Billing with any questions.
General Loanable Technology
For a list of all the technology we have available in our Loanable Technology program – click here.
In Library Use (2 Hour)
All your technology needs while you study or meet with a group in the UGL. Including device chargers and headphones
Need to capture that perfect image or record a video? We have a wide range of DSLR and camcorders.
Already have a camera or just need some extra gear for your video shoot? We’ve got you covered.
Laptops and Computer Accessories
Laptops, cables, chargers and all the things.
For all your exam taking needs.
Projectors, DVD and BluRay players.
When you need to take a break from all that learning, reward yourself with a gaming session.
Virtual Reality headsets, 360 cameras and all things innovative.
Loanable Technology Desk Hours
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Please visit www.library.illinois.edu/mc/online-instruction/ for Online Media Support
During the Semester:
- Sunday: 11:30am-11:00pm
- Monday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Thursday: 9:30am-11:00pm
- Friday: 9:30am-8:30pm
- Saturday: 11:30am-8:30pm
Pro-Gear Rental Hours
During the Semester:
- Sunday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Monday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Tuesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Wednesday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Thursday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Friday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
- Saturday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
Loanable Technology Policies and Procedures
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Book equipment item in advance
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- Visit the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level of the Undergraduate Library.
- Bring an active UIUC i-card.
- After use, please return items to the Loanable Technology Desk in the Media Commons during our open hours.
- In-Library items: 2 hours
- Out-of-Library items: up to 10 days
- Overdue fines are $15/day (for 10 day items)
- Overdue fines are $5/hour (for 2 hour items)
All Policies and Procedures
For more information on our policies and procedures – click here