- American FactFinder
This is the Census Bureau’s tool for accessing 2000 and 2010 census data, with more recent statistics for states and selected cities and counties. Some earlier census data is in the National Historical Geographic Information System
- Census of Agriculture
Provides statistics from the county to the national levels.
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District web site
- County and City Data Book 2007
Demographic, social, and economic data for states, counties, cities, and towns.
- County Business Patterns and Zip Code Business Patterns
These two sources indicate how many businesses (by type) are located in each county and zip code area.
- Crime in Illinois
Published annually by the Illinois State Police. Documents reported crimes in Illinois cities and counties, and in some special jurisdictions, such as universities and parks.
- Crime in the United States
Topics include crime, arrests, and law enforcement personnel. The preceding title was Uniform Crime Reports for the United States (1930-1997).
- Illinois Board of Higher education
Find statistics on educational institutions, teachers, and students.
- Illinois Department of Public Health
Provides statistics on births, deaths, marriage and divorce, abortions, health care, and related topics at the state and county levels.
- National Historical Geographic Information System
Contains state and county data for the years 1790 to the present.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight
Includes statistics in every field. To get local data, check by County, by City, or by Metro Area below the heading, Geography.
- Report Cards for Illinois schools
Provides statistics on each school and school district in every Illinois county.
- Search for Public Schools
Provides statistics on each primary and secondary school in the United States.
- State & County QuickFacts
Contains demographic and business statistics issued by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Champaign County Department Directory
- Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO)
Use ECHO to determine whether compliance inspections have been conducted by EPA or State/local governments, if violations were detected, and if penalties were assessed.
- Community Profiles
Click “Launch Website” and select from the list of town and city names to access a page containing data on economic development, employment, utilities, taxes, transportation, health care, and local schools.
- State and Local Government on the Net
In the left sidebar, click on the Local Govt. pull-down menu, select Illinois, and click on Go. An alphabetical list of county and community names will appear. Each community name is linked to a town or city web site.
- City of Urbana homepage
- Urbana QuickFacts
- Urbana Free Library
- Urbana Municipal Documents from Champaign County Historical Archives Local History Online
University of Illinois General Information
- Index to Campus Data Sources
- Budget Book
- Campus Profile
- Student Enrollment Information
- UIHistories Project
Student Government & Organizations
- Board of Trustees
- Campus Administrative Manual
- General Rules Concerning University Organization and Procedure
- University of Illinois Statutes