Audience Analysis Resources
Remember to bring your I-Card when requesting these resources!
1. Advertising Rates and Data:
(sources are located behind the Circulation Desk)
- Provides affiliations and coverage for: commercial stations, broadcast networks, multiple station owners, cable systems, interconnects, cable networks, sports networks, and syndicators. Includes cost per point estimates.
- Provides: market profiles, AM/FM commercial stations, networks. Includes cost per point estimates.
- Provides information on daily newspapers, newspaper groups, Black newspapers, college newspapers, and specialized newspapers. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
- Provides information on over 3,000 U.S. and international consumer magazines. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
- Includes coverage, circulation, rates, terms and conditions, and advertising rates for over 19 media categories including: airport, outdoor, stadium, transit, movie, and shopping malls.
- Lists Online advertising opportunities such as web sites. Get up-to date information on audience profiles, advertising rates, circulation/coverage, contact names and more.
Marketer’s Guide to Media
- Lists current rates and audience estimates for the major media. Includes broadcast and cable television, radio, out-of-home, magazines, newspapers, and online media.
2. Demographic Information:
(sources are located on the Adv. Bookcase)
- Breaks down the American population geographically and demographically and includes extensive lifestyle information on the interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market.
New Strategist Books
- The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
- Includes demographic and marketing data on consumers and products.
- Births, life expectancy, deaths, and selected health data.
3. Company/Product Information:
(sources available via the Library website)
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
- Provides the most recent business news and information on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
Can’t find what you need? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, visit the Communications Library
Library Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8 am-12 am; Fri: 8 am-5 pm; Sat: 1-5 pm; Sun: 1 pm-12 am