1. Company/Product Information: (sources available via the Library website)
- Provides access to a mixture of practical and theoretical business content including company, industry, and country reports, scholarly journals and ebooks, videos, dissertations, newspapers, and more.
- Includes advertising spending for companies and brands
- Includes information specific to the advertising industry.
- Identifies articles on business, finance, and management topics from regional, U.S. and international publications.
- A collection of Industry Market Research
- Access U.S. company data, U.S. annual reports, international company data, and international annual reports.
- Provides the most recent news stories (including business) and statistics on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
- Provides the most recent business news and information on companies, products, consumers, trends, etc.
2. Demographic and Psychographic Information
- Find popular facts (income, population, racial info, etc.) and frequently requested data about your community. Search by state, county, city, town, or zip code.
- Includes annual reports for companies.
New Strategist Books (available on the Advertising Bookcase)
- The Communications Library has a collection of over 50 books focusing on specific demographic groups (ethnicity, age, gender) and their interests, income, spending patterns, education levels, etc.
- Provides access to statistics and studies gathered by market researchers, trade organizations, scientific publications, and government sources on over 600 industries.
3. Advertising Rates and Data: (sources are located behind the library’s reference desk)
- Provides information on over 3,000 U.S. and international consumer magazines. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
- Lists online advertising opportunities such as web sites. Get up-to date information on audience profiles, advertising rates, circulation/coverage, contact names and more.
- Includes profiles for companies, with descriptions for what networks and tech vendors do, including 30-80 standardized data points.
- Provides information on daily newspapers, newspaper groups, Black newspapers, college newspapers, and specialized newspaper. Lists detailed group and classified advertising rates as well as circulation figures.
- Includes coverage, circulation, rates, terms and conditions, and advertising rates for over 19 media categories including: airport, outdoor, stadium, transit, movie, and shopping malls.
- Provides: Radio market profiles, AM/FM commercial stations, networks. Includes cost per point estimates.
- Provides affiliations and coverage for: TV commercial stations, broadcast networks, multiple station owners, cable systems, interconnects, cable networks, sports networks, and syndicators. Includes cost per point estimates
- Lists current rates and audience estimates for the major media. Call number: 302.230973 T42
- Provides a variety of tools and resources to help advertisers make the best use of local ad dollars.