(See full Information in Word Document.)
The IMLS “Think Globally, Act Globally” China-U.S. Librarian Collaboration Grant Project is seeking 4 presenters for 1 Professional Development Program in various locations in China in April or May, 2011. The estimated length of the program is about 2 weeks. (The exact dates and locations are TBD.)
The application deadline is November 1, 2010.
- Laws, policies, and strategic plans of U.S. libraries
- Library management and operational mechanisms
- Public library services
- Library assessment and librarians’ professional development, promotion and evaluation system
- Public relations activities and their values
- Academic libraries, special libraries, library education, and professional organizations in the U.S.
PowerPoint presentations should be in both Chinese and English and will be property of IMLS
Check out more detailed information about the topics here.
Please apply by November 1, 2010. We plan to have a half day pre-trip team training meeting with the selected presenters at the ALA Midwinter meeting in San Diego in January 2011. This will be a required meeting. The date of the notification of selection will be announced on Dec. 1.
For questions or more information, please contact Dr. Shuyong Jiang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) page may also be of help to you as you consider this exciting opportunity.
Copyright @ 2008