(in alphabetical order)
· Li Chen is Deputy
Director of National Library of China, Vice President of the Library
Society of China and Director of Committee on Ancient Books
Conservation and Preservation, LSC; and Professor of library and
information science. He has been a member of Democratic League of China
since 1994. Mr. Chen received his Ph.D. in history from Sichuan
University and held prior positions as Deputy Director, Director of
Sichuan University Library. He was appointed as Deputy Director of
National Library of China in 2001.
· Chuanfu Chen is Deputy Director of the Library Society of China, Professor and Dean of the School of Information Management of Wuhan University with a joint appointment as Director of Advanced Research Center for Intellectual Property of Wuhan University, China. Professor Chen has an MA Degree in Library and Information Science and a PhD in law from Wuhan University. His research interests include Intellectual Property and Library, LIS Education, Digital Information Access. He was the principal investigator of the project Intellectual Property Issues on China National Information Infrastructure funded by Natural Science Foundation, Copyright Issues in Library funded by China Social Science Foundation,
· Jingbo Hu is member of the Secretary Division of the Library Society of China. Mr. Hu is in charge of professional development and continuing education. He has participated in a government funded research project on library professional staffing system and standards. He also conducted a research on comparative study of continue education in U.S. Germany and Japan. He has published more than 20 research papers since 1999.
· Gensheng Tang is the Secretary General of the Library Society of China. Ms. Tang is responsible for managing the LSC planning and projects. Ms. Tang has been participating in a government funded research project on library professional staffing system and standards. She also participated in a project funded by the Ministry of Culture of China to develop standards for public libraries. She has published more than ten articles on management of library and Chinese ancient materials.
· Yue Wu is member of the Secretary Division of the Library Society of China. She is responsible for international exchange and cooperation programs of the Society. She has participated in a project to develop standards for public libraries and translated publications on library standards for the project. Ms. Wu has written articles and reports on IFLA conferences. She also conducted editorial works for the Series of A Hundred Year History of Libraries.
· Xiangdong Yan is Director of International Cooperation Division and Deputy Director of Exchange and Cooperation Committee of the Library Society of China. Mr. Yan was appointed by Peter Johan Lor, the Secretary General of IFLA as a member of the Free Access to Information and Freedom of Expression (IFLA/FAIFE) in 2007. Mr. Yan is serving in this committee for his second term.
Copyright @ 2008