Loanable Technology Policies and Terms of Service
General Terms and Conditions
- Your i-card is your Library card. Patrons must have their own valid, physical i-card (or be a verified Proxy) to loan equipment. Patrons must pick up their own bookings. We do not accept temporary IDs, photos, or apps.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the number of bookings a patron can make on an item (or similar item) in order to provide access to a greater number of patrons. The Cameras and Laptop/Tablet categories are limited to one item at a time. These items must be returned before another booking can be made.
- Neither the max loan period of 10 days nor the reservations themselves are guaranteed, since they are contingent on previously-made bookings’ start times and previous patrons returning the items.
- The Library requires 72 hours after the return of an item before the borrower can check out the same or a similar item.
- Exceptions to policies for academic use may be made at the discretion of Library administration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- If any pieces are damaged or missing during the loan period:
- the borrower is held responsible and must discuss the issue with Billing staff: go.library.illinois.edu/maintechbilling
- the item will not be discharged from the borrower’s account until the situation is resolved. This includes bags, cases, and documentation.
- The Library is not responsible for any damage that may occur to equipment while in possession of the borrower.
- By making a booking, the borrower agrees that all pieces are present upon check out.
- The item must be returned to the Loanable Technology Desk in Room 306 Main Library and cannot be returned to a different library or via a book drop box.
- Overdue fines of $15/day begin accruing as soon as the items become overdue.
- Loanable technology equipment will not be discharged from the borrower’s account until all the items are inspected and accounted for by a library staff member.
- The Library does not provide common battery types (AA and AAA) for circulating items, nor will we refund any personal battery purchases.
Notice: Warning of Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (title 17, United States Code) governs the reproduction, distribution, adaptation, public performance, and public display of copyrighted material. A person who uses technology to make an unauthorized copy of copyrighted material may be liable for copyright infringement unless they have a valid justification for making the copy, such as fair use. Should you have questions regarding copyright, please contact the University’s Copyright Librarian, Sara Benson, at email@example.com. General copyright information is also available in the library’s Copyright Reference Guide.
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Book equipment online
- The Cameras and Laptop/Tablet categories are limited to one item at a time. These items must be returned before another booking can be made.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- Bring your UIUC i-card. Your i-card must be valid and active in order to use our equipment.
- After use, please return items to the Loanable Technology Desk in Room 306 during our open hours.
- Out-of-Library items: up to 10 days
- Overdue fines are $15/day