2146 Music Building
1114 W. Nevada St.
Urbana, IL 61801
- 1988-2005: Music Faculty Library, University of Oxford.
- 1984-1988: Music Librarian, King's College, University of London.
- 1983 - Master of Music, Historical Musicology: University of London, King's College.
- 1982 - B.A. in Music: University of Reading, UK.
- Translation into English of some of the work of Robert Eitner, a 19th century musicologist and
- Continuing work on a bibliography of material on music librarianship, contracted by Ashgate
- Wagstaff, John. “
The Consort: a Retrospective.”
The Consort, 50 (1994): 19-25.
- Wagstaff, John. “Use of Computing Technology in UK Academic Libraries.”
Brio 30 (1993): 95-97.
- Wagstaff, John. “Introducing...the IAML (UK) Library.”
Brio 30 (1993): 63-66.
- Wagstaff, John. “A Snapshot of UK Music Publishing.”
Brio 29 (1992): 21-25.
- Wagstaff, John. “UK Academic Libraries: a Need for Change?”
Fontes artis musicae 36 (1989): 277-80.
- Wagstaff, John, 2004. "Professional Development and Support: IAML." in
Careers in Music Librarianship II, 117-20.
- Wagstaff, John, 2004.
Articles on Charles Burney, John Hawkins and James Oswald.
Dictionary of National Biography.
- Wagstaff, John, 2003. "Making a Library for IAML (UK)." in
Music Librarianship in the United Kingdom, 127-36.
- Wagstaff, John, 2003. "Music Printing and Publishing." in
Guide to Information Sources in Music, 232-49.
- Wagstaff, John, 2001. "Dictionaries and Encyclopedias," "Festchrift," "Periodicals," and
"Printing and Publishing of Music." in
The Oxford Companion to Music.
- Wagstaff, John, 2000. "The International Association of Music Libraries (IAML): Past, Present,
and Future." in
Advances in Librarianship, 189-2007.
- Wagstaff, John, "Adjusting to Libraries across the Water.”
64th Annual Chapter Meeting of the Midwest Chapter of the Music Library Association,
Lexington, Kentucky: 22 October 2005.
- Wagstaff, John, “Type and Hype: Robert Cocks and London Music Publishing.”
Fifth Conference on Music in Nineteenth-Century Britain, University of Nottingham, UK:
- Wagstaff, John, “Small Academic Libraries in the UK: some Comparisons and Observations.”
74th Annual Meeting of the Music Library Association, Vancouver: 17 February 2005.
- Wagstaff, John, "Migration of Musical Collections from the USA to Europe."
Pre-conference Meeting of the Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the American Library
Association, Beinecke Rare Books Library, Yale University: June 2004.
- Wagstaff, John, “
The History of Music Reference Sources,” “The Reference
Interview: how to get People to say what they want,” and “Using Internet Resources.”
Music Library Conference, Arvika, Sweden: June 2003.
- Wagstaff, John, “e-Resources in Music.”
IAML (UK & Ireland) Annual Study Weekend, Leicester, UK: 13 April 2003.
- Wagstaff, John, “Helping Ourselves: IAML (UK)’s Advanced Reference Sources in Music.”
IAML international conference, University of California at Berkeley: August 2002.
- Wagstaff, John, “A Venerable Survivor: some Historical Notes on the Journal Music &
IAML international conference, University of Edinburgh: August 2000.
- Wagstaff, John, “Can you tell me...?: Sundrie Kinds of Reference Works.”
IAML (UK) Annual General Meeting: 8 April 2000.
- Music Library Association.
- International Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres