Using materials in the Veterinary Medicine library
- Alumni must come in person to the library to use print materials.
- Alumni wishing to check out library materials must apply for a Courtesy Card at the circulation desk of the Main library. For instructions to apply for a Courtesy Card, click here. To access older journal articles not available online, alumni must use a Courtesy Card to request the journal issue ahead of their visit. Please contact the librarian for assistance with this.
- Alumni may use the public computer terminal in the library to access online journals and electronic books.
- The printer in the Veterinary Medicine library is only for current University faculty, staff, and students. Alumni wishing to print must go to the Undergraduate library (1402 W Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801) and pay cash at the Circulation Desk.
Please make an appointment with the Veterinary Medicine librarian ahead of time if you know you will need assistance using the library or its materials; the library is not staffed during all open hours.
If you’re unable to come to campus…
- If you are a member of any professional associations, check with the association about accessing journals.
- If you need specific print materials, check with your local public library. They may be able to request the item through Interlibrary Loan for you.
- Veterinarians who are members of AVMA can contact the association for copies of journal articles from JAVMA and AJVR.