Library Research and Study Spaces
- Study and Collaboration Spaces to Reserve – The Library offers a variety of rooms that can be reserved by groups of 2 or more individuals. Media Editing computers in the Media Commons at the Undergraduate Library can also be reserved.
- Main Library Research Carrels – Main Stacks carrels can be reserved as a research space by current U of I faculty, graduate students, and department-sponsored visiting scholars.
- Oak Street Reading Room – The Reading Room provides a space to use materials housed in the Oak Street High Density Storage Facility. This is particularly useful when you need to consult a large number of books, such as multi-volume sets.
- Design and Digital Scholarship Spaces – These spaces have specialized hardware and software to encourage media creation and editing, as well as digital scholarship activities.
- Zoom-friendly Spaces – The University Library supports participation in online classes in some of our designated study spaces. While not available in all campus libraries, Zoom-friendly spaces are available in some study rooms and areas where conversations are traditionally permitted.